How-to Dual Boot Windows XP And Fedora Linux

Bosco

How would you rate this article? (10 being the best)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this article? (10 being the best)

• 2 weeks later...
right i have already d/loaded disk 1 but from what i see its a .rar file with lots of .rpm files in it. :huh: WHats that all about? :huh: I'm using xp and nero if thats any help Can someone tell me what to do?

You have laready asked this question, and it's been replied to in the Software > Linux Operating System forum, here.

This thread is for questions/comments on the article. If you need help installing Fedora, help is in the Linux OS forum.

andrusk - I wasn't awair of a screenshot ability in the anaconda installer. I may just go back and take some perdier screenshots. ;)

• 3 months later...

i have a question.

i successfully setup dualboot with winxp and fedora core, now i want to install another copy of winxp...how should i configure GRUB? or should i do something else? cause i think i won't be able to boot windows install that i'm on now, i experienced same problems before with suse linux...pls help

thank you

regards

• 11 months later...

question 1: In your guide it says that Fedora will ask you for 2 cd's but there are 3 ISO images do you burn to images on 1 cd and 1 on another

question 2: Once Fedora is installed can you go back and change the network settings?

Thanks the guide looks beautiful im dling the ISO files atm

Just great, because for some odd reason I decided on downloading the DVD iso of Fedora3, Ima dual boot linux and XP, this is the guide i needed, simple but effected thanx Brian :)

UPDATE:

OK i have a problem, the Fedora installation went fine, im using GRUB as the boot loader but everything is only in text-based, it looks nothing like in the guide

I can log in and everything but its all in text mode, I chose the Gnone enviroment, also when it was probing my hardware, it failed on Video, could this be the reason why its only in text-based mode?

Edited by silkster

• 3 weeks later...

CAn you make an install guide for Knoppix?? ^_^

That is a great guide!! Better pic and iot gets a 10/10!!

Edit: That was sarcasm( About Knoppix), btw. :P

Edited by MasterRex862