Bosco

Crysis and Crysis Warhead 7+ Years Later Reviewed

The game that jumped started my urge to build! Sounds lame but after having a pre-built with an aging AGP graphics card, this of all games was the one that pushed my PC gaming budget into full retard mode. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Not quite. It was never a specific game for me, but the desire to be able to play the latest games. For what it's worth though, I can still remember the improvement an AGP Radeon 9550 gave to Warcraft III years ago, and playing Shattered Horizon (a Futuremark made game) on an integrated GPU before I got a discrete (I just hadn't gotten it yet). Somehow managed to get a kill in that game when under 15 FPS.

Top 5 FPS of all time for me.  This game should be remastered.  Would love to see it in action optimized for today's hardware.

The game that jumped started my urge to build! Sounds lame but after having a pre-built with an aging AGP graphics card, this of all games was the one that pushed my PC gaming budget into full retard mode. Anyone else have a similar experience?

It was actually the Metro: Last Light trailer that did it for me.  Thought it looked awesome, but I knew my old economy desktop with an entry-level discrete GPU wouldn't be up to snuff.  So, I upgraded my computer and set up surround sound.  Still haven't played the game or its predecessor. XD

Same with Crysis.  One of them is on my Steam list and I got as far as having it installed at one time, but haven't actually gotten around to playing it.