Police Abuse in the US

Nyt

Is their abuse by the police, yes there is, but the growing problem is abuse of the police.

Both of those are problems.  Without any facts I couldn't say which one is more rampant.  But I believe both are in the minority compared to the number of good cops not breaking the law and citizens not assaulting the police.  Another part of the internet and cameras everywhere that makes it look more rampant than it really is. 

Also I believe those checkpoints should be illegal.  The SCOTUS got that one wrong.

i disagree DUI checkpoints save lives what are your arguing points against them 

Although I hate to agree with you DUI checkpoint have saved many a life. Drunk or impaired drivers cause needless harm to people and their families who were doing nothing wrong but were in the right place at the wrong time.

i do apologize for my trollerey i was on testosterone therapy and it turns me into an a$$

did any of you catch what happened in SC that was hard to watch 

He should not have run from the police and been paying the 18k in child support he owed. He would have gotten a night in the poke and made bail and been out the next day with a court date. Instead he runs rather than face the music. The tazer did not stop him. He kept running. Now at this point the cop had 2 options, run him down and tackle him or let him run. He could have not gone for center mass and instead hit a leg to end the pursuit.

However he chose the wrong option and hit center mass and then tried to cover it up by tossing the tazer next to the runner.  At this point he was wrong and gets what he deserves. 

did any of you catch what happened in SC that was hard to watch 

He should not have run from the police and been paying the 18k in child support he owed. He would have gotten a night in the poke and made bail and been out the next day with a court date. Instead he runs rather than face the music. The tazer did not stop him. He kept running. Now at this point the cop had 2 options, run him down and tackle him or let him run. He could have not gone for center mass and instead hit a leg to end the pursuit.

However he chose the wrong option and hit center mass and then tried to cover it up by tossing the tazer next to the runner.  At this point he was wrong and gets what he deserves. 

i agree completely but there are a lot of these instances where people force these actions by not complying

and like you said if he had followed instructions and stayed in his car he'd still be alive   

Is their abuse by the police, yes there is, but the growing problem is abuse of the police.

Both of those are problems.  Without any facts I couldn't say which one is more rampant.  But I believe both are in the minority compared to the number of good cops not breaking the law and citizens not assaulting the police.  Another part of the internet and cameras everywhere that makes it look more rampant than it really is. 

Also I believe those checkpoints should be illegal.  The SCOTUS got that one wrong.

The 4th Amendment.

The 4th Amendment.

how is saving lives unreasonable and probable cause is that when they conduct these checkpoints it is around times of the year when DUI accidents are at their highest.

i ask you have ever lost a loved one to i DUI driver? 

The 4th Amendment.

how is saving lives unreasonable and probable cause is that when they conduct these checkpoints it is around times of the year when DUI accidents are at their highest.

Actually I have.  My grandpa was killed in an accident involving a car full of drunk illegals.  But checkpoints are not the answer.  Stopping everybody just to catch a few people is retarded.  Do you also support the "stop and frisk" policy in NY?  Both are obvious violations of the 4th Amendment.  Driving down the street during "high DUI season" is not probable cause to stop someone.

you know all cops are not bad. This one on the other hand is. He needs to chill out alot before he goes back to work,

I had a situation with the law that involved me drinking. Funny thing actually. I had just got hammered at henry hudsons. My ride ditched me for some broad that didn't even put out. Funny right. So when I had my fill I steped out and headed to the trunk. Opened the passenger door of my truck, got in and set the keys on the drivers seat and leaned back. no sooner then I picked up the phone to call my pops The cop that was trolling in the parking lot came up to the drivers side window. shined his light in and then noticed I was on the passenger side. He shook his head and headed over to the other side to and asked me to roll down the window.

I said to him what can I do for you sir. He then replied how much have you had to drink. I said I am not sure, entirely too much to drive. He then asked what you doing in your truck. I replied I drank too much and was about to call my ride when you walked up. He then looked down at the cell phone in my hand, Told me to stay in the passenger seat and to have a good night. Before he could walk away he asked me who I was calling. I told him my father. He laughed jokingly and said That im in a heap of trouble. I then replied my dad and I have a promise. If I ever have too much to drink I can call him and he will come pick me up wherever I am. The best part is that I will not be in trouble. But if I drink and drive then im in trouble. The officer laughed again, told me thank you again and to have a good night.

True story.

you know all cops are not bad. This one on the other hand is. He needs to chill out alot before he goes back to work,

I had a situation with the law that involved me drinking. Funny thing actually. I had just got hammered at henry hudsons. My ride ditched me for some broad that didn't even put out. Funny right. So when I had my fill I steped out and headed to the trunk. Opened the passenger door of my truck, got in and set the keys on the drivers seat and leaned back. no sooner then I picked up the phone to call my pops The cop that was trolling in the parking lot came up to the drivers side window. shined his light in and then noticed I was on the passenger side. He shook his head and headed over to the other side to and asked me to roll down the window.

I said to him what can I do for you sir. He then replied how much have you had to drink. I said I am not sure, entirely too much to drive. He then asked what you doing in your truck. I replied I drank too much and was about to call my ride when you walked up. He then looked down at the cell phone in my hand, Told me to stay in the passenger seat and to have a good night. Before he could walk away he asked me who I was calling. I told him my father. He laughed jokingly and said That im in a heap of trouble. I then replied my dad and I have a promise. If I ever have too much to drink I can call him and he will come pick me up wherever I am. The best part is that I will not be in trouble. But if I drink and drive then im in trouble. The officer laughed again, told me thank you again and to have a good night.

True story.

In California you'd have been arrested with "intent to DWI".

True story.

This forum needs a like button (edit) that works. I see a like button for other posts, but don't see it for you boinker, lol. :)

Edited by El_Capitan
  • Like 1

The 4th Amendment.

Actually I have.  My grandpa was killed in an accident involving a car full of drunk illegals.  But checkpoints are not the answer.  Stopping everybody just to catch a few people is retarded.  Do you also support the "stop and frisk" policy in NY?  Both are obvious violations of the 4th Amendment.  Driving down the street during "high DUI season" is not probable cause to stop someone.

just think if that (retard) that killed your grandfather had gone throgh a checkpoint he would still be alive.

and DUI checkpoints and stop and frisk are completely different one suppresses  an immediate risk to the public the other does not

are you for drinking and driving?

True story.

In California you'd have been arrested with "intent to DWI".

Another reason I do not live there. But that is a hallarious notion Coors.

1. The Supreme Court weighed in on the question in a 1990 decision and determined that DUI checkpoints are in fact a legal and valid lawenforcement method. The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states that the people have a right against unreasonable searches and seizures.