Police Abuse in the US

Nyt

So I came across this video that's gaining in popularity on the web.

Video description :

Police abuse of Uber driver in New York City. In an unmarked car, the policeman was allegedly attempting to park without using his blinker at a green light. (His reverse lights weren't on. Likely double parked without hazards on.)

The Uber driver pulled around and gestured that he should use his blinker, casually and non-offensively, and kept driving us. The policeman quickly pulls up behind us and this is what happens.

*NOTE: NSFW language in video*

That cop is just crazy. Hopefully the cop in question will face some consequences for how he treated that guy.

Is police abuse that common in the US ? Have any of you experienced any sort of abuse or bad attitude from cops ?

You haven't been watching the news in the U.S., lately, have you? Lol. This is actually a good end of police abuse. If the guy was black, he would have been shot a couple of times and most likely dead.

Yeah man, I am surprised he wasn't drug out of the car and beaten within an inch of his life to be honest.

Not all cops are bad here, it's just the few that really give the rest of them a bad name. 

Yeah man, I am surprised he wasn't drug out of the car and beaten within an inch of his life to be honest.

Not all cops are bad here, it's just the few that really give the rest of them a bad name. 

^ The cops in my town are pretty cool (their office is next to where I get my morning bagels). It does suck that a few bad apples in a few select cites are out there giving the rest of the country's cops a bad rap.

Well we don't see what the "uber" driver did, exactly.  The description says it was casual and non-violent but we don't know for sure.  Idk... It's obvious the cop guy was having a bad day and upset for no real reason, but I don't really consider verbal abuse (in this case), abuse.  While the cop may have been doing something wrong, the "uber" driver started the interaction between them and if the cop was a real prick he could have surely found a reason to ticket him but he didn't.  He yelled at him for a couple minutes.  waaa

Someone questioned his authority. Clearly he had to show him who was in charge.

I wish the good cops would keep the bad ones in line and hold them accountable for their actions. Some people just aren't capable of being entrusted with a badge let alone a nightstick.

this kid is a punk learn respect and shut up

No. The cop was breaking the law and was being a total jackass. He's lost his badge, gun, is on desk duty, and is being reassigned.

Sorry, but the Uber driver might have instigated this, but he did nothing illegal. The cop did, and is paying the consequences for being an absolute jackass now.

What did he say or do that was disrespectful? More importantly how do you figure that dirt bag deserves any respect? Respect is earned, not given.

I liked the passenger's response when the cop said the it's the driver's fault he is being delayed..."Sure"...what he really wanted to say was some dumbass cop was roid raging and that is why he is being delayed.

No. The cop was breaking the law and was being a total jackass. He's lost his badge, gun, is on desk duty, and is being reassigned.

Sorry, but the Uber driver might have instigated this, but he did nothing illegal. The cop did, and is paying the consequences for being an absolute jackass now.

i obey the law i respect the badge and i never have any issues with police imagine that 

liberal thinking has got some people thinking they have the right to say whatever they want to

without any consequences.

i am a firm believer in you get what you give 

What did he say or do that was disrespectful? More importantly how do you figure that dirt bag deserves any respect? Respect is earned, not given.

I liked the passenger's response when the cop said the it's the driver's fault he is being delayed..."Sure"...what he really wanted to say was some dumbass cop was roid raging and that is why he is being delayed.

his tone was sarcastic and condescending and what about the time that transpired before he stated recording