Recurring problem: The default gateway is not available

I keep loosing my internet connection with my new laptop. The problem is so that the WiFi stays connected, but I cannot load any websites. If I click on the network diagnosis, it fixes the problem but says that the default gateway was not available. This happens at random intervals, sometimes every 20 minutes, sometimes hours without a problem.

All the research points to old drivers for my network card (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), but I have updated it to the newest from Intels website already. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Did you uninstall then reinstall the drivers for the card instead of just installing them overtop? I'd try to remove all traces of the driver files and then installing (like enable hidden devices in device manager and then try searching all related files, besides the new ones, and removing them)

Other devices have been working fine with your router?

Yea, all other devices work fine with the router. This is however the first Windows 8.1 machine, maybe that's got something to do with it. I'll do a clean driver install in the morning, too tired to bother right now.

Yea, all other devices work fine with the router. This is however the first Windows 8.1 machine, maybe that's got something to do with it. I'll do a clean driver install in the morning, too tired to bother right now.

Idk, I'm running 8.1 on my laptop and somewhat recently INSTALLED a 7260AC card and took the 2230 card drivers off and then installed the 7260 drivers and it's been peachy

Are you running McAfee? It's been known to cause issues as well. Another place to check is whether your adapter is allowed to power down during inactivity, that can cause some drivers to wonk out when they wake up.

Are you running McAfee? It's been known to cause issues as well. Another place to check is whether your adapter is allowed to power down during inactivity, that can cause some drivers to wonk out when they wake up.

Yea I have read that as well, turned that off already. It doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I'll do a clean driver install in a minute, see what happens then :thumbsup:

And what exactly is that going to do? I'm not voiding the warranty on this brand new laptop to try a different adapter, that'd be pretty stupid. It works just fine with other laptops.

It'd rule out the adapter being faulty for one, also if it's in warranty you have the option of having them fix it lol

But before that'd I'd rule out software entirely by backing up what you need to then maybe reinstalling windows