I'm back

Fireonice

Been a long time. Too long! I see things are the same as usual.

Sad to see verran died :( I learned a lot from his posts. In fact I learned a lot about computers period from occ. Thanks occ for teaching me how to build computers. Its one of my greatest assets knowledge wise :)

My rig is olddd its time for an upgrade. Case, i7, ram, ssd and raid 1 storage. Then will come video card and psu. New monitor and a mechanical keyboard is a must.

I'm prepairing to dive head first into star citizen. I'm crazy about what iv seen so far :)

Heyyyyy, you're taking me back with your sig. My friend's still rocking the same CPU as you, at the same overclock, and he used to have the PSU. I used to rock a TRUE black with a push/pull setup of Ultra Kazes and I remember fond memories with my old BFG 260 Core 216 :) (last Nvidia card in a WHIIIILE though)

What's your budget for the new machine?

I love my TRUE. I hope I can relap it and bring it to my new i7 build :) my c2d is still chugging along. Of course my gigabyte mobo died and my current mobo is on its way out (has been for years thou lol, how's multiple attempts to boot sound? I just never turn her off :P) so I went to passive air cooling :)

I figure 1000-1300 should get me what I want for CPU(300$), mobo(200$), ram(?), single ssd(200$), raid 1 storage(100-300$), and case(100-200$). But I should start a new thread for that....

Oh yeah, you definitely should do well with that budget, Would you consider used parts? I actually upgraded from my i7 920 to my current i7 2600K both used and don't regret it at all.

I'm not sure how big an SSD you're looking to get but a decent sized one (240-256GB) can be easily found for less than $100. Then maybe two 3TB drives for under $200 is certainly possible, haven't looked much into big storage drives in a bit though to know about pricing. I look forward to your thread being made though so I can help advise you to a new sweetly valued machine!

Of course used parts are always an option. I will be overclocking of course.

Yes you have the idea except I'm looking at high performance ssd's. I see they are so cheap now!! I'm resisting getting off topic ;)

fractal design r5 seems to be my case of choice or one of the new thermalright cubes.

I'll make a new thread though. I'm almost up to date on everything. I had some troubles last couple of years...