How much UPS power do I need?

Problem - When streaming from my PC to my A/V setup, while my mini fridge turns on or off, causes the TV to flicker bad and I sometimes lose audio. Same thing happens when watching TV directly off my PC, except it causes the audio to crack. Putting the mini fridge on a different circuit is not an option.

What I think I need to do - Install 1 or 2 UPSs

System Setup - In the rack

Anthem MRX-510

Emotiva UPA-500

SurgeX XR-115 (everything, including my PC, TV and Subs feed through this unit)

2x JL Audio E110 Subs

TV - 65" Samsung LED

Main PC is in Sig

Solutions - I am thinking of getting this UPS I would set it up in front of my SurgeX, so that it would run everything off it. I don't ever need very much run time, 2-4 min at the most and to prevent video/audio flicker.

Another setup idea would be to have one UPS run my PC and one UPS run the rack, with both lines going back to the SurgeX (for keeping the power clean).

Anyone think one UPS would work? Or do I really need 2?

Ah, probably.  The inrush current on a compressor is pretty high.  You could look into a different fridge that plays more nicely perhaps?

Or maybe a power conditioner for your equipment?

Well I did a bunch of research and I ended up getting 2 of the UPSs. I will have one power my main PC setup and one power the rack setup. They have built in voltage regulation, so no need to get a standalone unit. I will post back when I get them up and working.  :woot:

I just don't think a voltage regulator will be enough to handle the voltage dip on it's own, so I think the 2x UPSs are a safe bet.

Edited by Black64