Miata rebuild thread v. 2015 {UPDATED FOR 2016}

Waco

Grats on the raise.

Funny story...

I started working on my drag car again, and when thinking about paint since its been sitting for two years I decided to just go with a satin black dip w/ gloss black racing stripes across the cowl hood. Didn't realize till much later that its pretty much exactly how you have your Miata lol.

Edited by Puck

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm...raise today. Mayhaps I'll be getting a new diff/axles/driveshaft faster than I thought!

Hopefully yours is cheaper than mine.

New rear axle complete w/o brakes   $ 2500.00 ( not sure on which gears to get yet)

New Chromemoly Torque arm and mounts  $ 500.00

Lower control arms $ 500.00

Rear disk brake kit upgrade ( which means I;ll have to do the front as well) $ 600.00

going fast is expensive.......

Hmm...raise today. Mayhaps I'll be getting a new diff/axles/driveshaft faster than I thought!

New rear axle complete w/o brakes   $ 2500.00 ( not sure on which gears to get yet)

Rear disk brake kit upgrade ( which means I;ll have to do the front as well) $ 600.00

Which rear did you go with?

I'm looking hard at an S60 w/ spooled 4.30s.

Which rear did you go with?

I'm looking hard at an S60 w/ spooled 4.30s.

I'm looking at the s60 as well.... the stock suspension with the upgrades will be good for 9s which is right where I'll be with a big inch LS or it may work for 8s with a softer launch and shitloads of boost....

hey waco, lets see some videos of it on the track. ;)

Track day coming up soon(ish). I'm hoping to get the tune totally dialed in by that point. I've still got oscillating boost (13-16 PSI) at full throttle. Doing this by hand is freakin' annoying and time consuming, but in the end, going to be totally worth it. :D

Hell, even now, it's totally worth it. Brings a stupid grin to my face every time I hit the go pedal. :lol:

It'll be an interesting video if the diff pukes its guts all over the track mid-run. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, reminds of my transmission... that I just has remaned... in my truck. Waiting till it shoots the idler out the case... then I will complain about it. ALOT

Limited slip diff, new driveshaft, and new axles on the way.

The diff is whining louder every time I go for a drive. :lol:

Nice!

You changing the gearing any?

Yup, a little. Going down to a 4.10 ratio instead of 4.3. 66 should be top of second, roughly, thanks to the higher rev limit I have set.