SI 290X Lightning for 330

What's wrong with the Palit 970? Honestly the 970 and 290X offer almost the same performance with it coming down to game per game wins for one or the other BUT the 970 is just more refined with better temperatures and lower power consumption (and PhysX if you care). Believe me I love AMD cards and if the savings were greater I'd recommend the 290 but since they're so close (with getting the Palit) that the 290X is hard to justify.

Is your 670 overclocked out all the way? My 7970 has been running my 2560x1600 monitor quite well at near max settings in most games and I haven't even overclocked it yet. It might be best to wait to see what 300 does to help out pricing or competition IMHO

Edited by IVIYTH0S

What's wrong with the Palit 970? Honestly the 970 and 290X offer almost the same performance with it coming down to game per game wins for one or the other BUT the 970 is just more refined with better temperatures and lower power consumption (and PhysX if you care). Believe me I love AMD cards and if the savings were greater I'd recommend the 290 but since they're so close (with getting the Palit) that the 290X is hard to justify.

Is your 670 overclocked out all the way? My 7970 has been running my 2560x1600 monitor quite well at near max settings in most games and I haven't even overclocked it yet. It might be best to wait to see what 300 does to help out pricing or competition IMHO

My 670 is running at stock clocks , autoboost to 1070 . The 7970 is a 680 with 3GB of VRAM so it should perform admirably better than my 2Gig 670 :P

He's in Greece, though. I like the 290X (at least watercooled), can't wait to see what AMD brings with the next card.

Heck our Minister of Economy is an ex Valve economist , i'm waiting for free hardware upgrades and steam sale coupons :P 

On topic now  , i'm thinking of grabbing that Lightning for 330

He's in Greece, though. I like the 290X (at least watercooled), can't wait to see what AMD brings with the next card.

Heck our Minister of Economy is an ex Valve economist , i'm waiting for free hardware upgrades and steam sale coupons :P

On topic now  , i'm thinking of grabbing that Lightning for 330