NVIDIA, MSI, EVGA GTX 960 Reviewed

Bosco

It is dumb because it is not the same market.....

Why can't people understand this?

If the market isn't a graphics card, then tell me what the market is.

USED vs NEW maybe? lol

I expected more from you capitan...

USED and NEW are not markets. They're conditions. The market we're talking about is graphics cards.

USED vs NEW maybe? lol

USED and NEW are not markets. They're conditions. The market we're talking about is graphics cards.

Of course used vs new is a market -,-

Reason being, not everyone is interested in used, so there is obviously a difference in markets there.

USED vs NEW maybe? lol

Of course used vs new is a market -,-

Reason being, not everyone is interested in used, so there is obviously a difference in markets there.

When someone asks what graphics card they should get for $200, what do people suggest to them?

They suggest to them NEW graphics cards, and USED graphics cards. The market is the graphics card, not NEW or USED. That's the condition, if they care one way or another.

No one asks what NEW they should get for $200. WTF is NEW? It's a condition, not a market.

Also, if someone that has an R9 290, and says they want to upgrade their graphics card for $210, are you going to suggest they get a new GTX 960? Hail no. That's considered a downgrade. If you're saying because the R9 290 they already own is used, that it's not in the same value as a new GTX 960, that's dumb.

Edited by El_Capitan

Nice review, good to see the overclocked results in there.  Looks about 60% performance vs a 970, I didn't expect that big a drop off.  Kinda surprised that you didn't include any other gtx9xx cards in there though, is that because you don't have oc results recorded?

I would have rather seen FC3 and Black Flag rather than the newer versions, just because the new games are SO broken and we have the numbers for all the other cards for the older games.

I was comparing to another review with the 980/970 and more that you had done before: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/msi_gtx_970_gaming_4g/6.htm

The 760 hawk is in there too, but the numbers are all slightly different.  Was the 760 re-tested for this review with new drivers and hardware setup instead of just pulling the old logged info?

Nice review, good to see the overclocked results in there.  Looks about 60% performance vs a 970, I didn't expect that big a drop off.  Kinda surprised that you didn't include any other gtx9xx cards in there though, is that because you don't have oc results recorded?

A GTX 960 overclocked vs a stock 970, about 60% seems about right. That's not accounting for higher resolution performance capability (4GB VRAM vs 2GB), higher graphics settings it can handle, and overclocking performance on the GTX 970 (closer to a GTX 980 at stock). For $120 - $140 more, a NEW GTX 970 seems a better value. The GTX x60's are always released around the $210 mark, though. They get to be really great performance/value when they dip into the $170 range.

looks like an ok card for what it is

i was expecting i little more performance especially at that price

considering i paid around $200 for my 290

and i am so glad i didnt wait for this card  

You are seriously comparing second hand prices vs new?

where did i say second hand i bought my 290 from newegg brand new

if it is the same price its in the same market  :wallbash:

all i was saying was i expected i little from nvidia 

at the very least the card should have been priced at $179

Edited by jdm_freek

No GPU-Z (main) screenie ;A;

Always makes me sad :(

It is the only thing i  use when i want to see what the "true" specs are of the card are.

Or at least, i can compare them to other cards.

Good review though!

True specs listed multiple times. The Boost clock speeds under load are what really matter and are shown when overclocked. The rated spec is all that is guaranteed.  I take my screenshots at a lower resolution so the data is clearly visible rather than a having a picture that gets pixelated and you cannot read! 

No GPU-Z (main) screenie ;A;

Always makes me sad :(

It is the only thing i  use when i want to see what the "true" specs are of the card are.

Or at least, i can compare them to other cards.

Good review though!

True specs listed multiple times. The Boost clock speeds under load are what really matter and are shown when overclocked. The rated spec is all that is guaranteed.  I take my screenshots at a lower resolution so the data is clearly visible rather than a having a picture that gets pixelated and you cannot read! 

When it comes to video cards, i am rather lazy xD

Didn't read everything in the review, but after looking it up, it is indeed in there. :P