Microsoft to give away Windows 10 as free upgrade

kyfire

It was first reported by Myce nearly two weeks ago, so no idea why it's suddenly being picked up on now. Everything in the EULA is just to the effect of, "we [Microsoft] could issue updates that would disable illegal access to [Windows] Services, counterfeit games, and unauthorized peripherals."

In regards to Microsoft services, and that updates may break cracked games running under that service. Of course...

It's a lot of "could" or "may," but not a lot of "will," except for places surmising it means "CRACKED YOUR GAMES?! WINDOWS 10 SAYS GOODBYE!"

The way I read the legal-speak, this only applies to MS-run services. This is exactly the same EULA that's shipped with Xbox's and damn near every other MS product in the past.

Microsoft "can" or is already watching what you install on your computer. Its just matter of time... 

But again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For people like me who worry about all this and fret :) , lets just make that windows update stop, and i am sure you guys must be wondering Y is there no options like how we used to have in windows x xx x 7....

Its going on automatically updating and i don't have a clue as not much info is provided on what updates just got installed. of-course i need to dig around which i don't want to do....

So lets just go to wifi settings and turn that button to "METERED" connection ON.

This will stop windows update automatically, if we really do need any update switch the metered to OFF.

Edited by get_saif

Windows 10 Pro retail version allows user to choose how updates are installed and allows user to uninstall & hide updates,.. W10 Pro retail product key can be installed on any device you own.

Windows 10 Home will be OEM version factory installed on devices like laptops, all-in-ones, Xbox's,.. updates will be downloaded and installed automatically only,.. without option for uninstalling & hiding updates,.. W10 Home product key will be device specific re-install on original device only.   

Edited by Braegnok

Windows 10 Pro retail version allows user to choose how updates are installed and allows user to uninstall & hide updates,.. W10 Pro retail product key can be installed on any device you own.

Windows 10 Home will be OEM version factory installed on devices like laptops, all-in-ones, Xbox's,.. updates will be downloaded and installed automatically only,.. without option for uninstalling & hiding updates,.. W10 Home product key will be device specific re-install on original device only.   

I have the windows pro version (MSDN) which hmmm i think is retail version. It does not have the option you mentioned above. hence the "Metered" trick i use.

Well of this new info about windows 10 has reassured me that I will never be upgrading to it. 

Because of clickbait? Because there's really no way Microsoft cares if you pirate games or even the OS? Seriously, you can upgrade to Windows 10 with an illegitimate copy of 7 or 8.1 and have no problems.

The EULA covers Microsoft services only.

These terms (