Microsoft to give away Windows 10 as free upgrade

kyfire

I installed it using the Media Creation Tool.  Does anyone know, if you made install media with the tool, when you ran it it would it offer the upgrade/leave your files intact option?

I installed it using the Media Creation Tool.  Does anyone know, if you made install media with the tool, when you ran it it would it offer the upgrade/leave your files intact option?

It will give you option to upgrade which means it will keep the apps and files, but you get a chance to decide what you want to keep or not..

Anyone who have google chrome in windows 10, does battelog work for you guys? I did a fresh install of win 10 after upgrade. Chrome is brand new install with nothing transferred from old OS..

It will not install the last Battlelog patch. 

Well of this new info about windows 10 has reassured me that I will never be upgrading to it. 

Because of clickbait? Because there's really no way Microsoft cares if you pirate games or even the OS? Seriously, you can upgrade to Windows 10 with an illegitimate copy of 7 or 8.1 and have no problems.

Edited by get_saif

That is exactly what I said. It's not like you're locked out of upgrading to Windows 10 if you aren't using a legitimate copy before, you just keep using an illegitimate copy of Windows, albeit upgraded to 10.

Did/does Windows 10 have the same heavily discounted introduction period as Windows 8 did when it was launched? Or is it just free to upgrade within a year?

Free to upgrade within the first year so long as you're running Windows 7 or higher. You can always buy it, if you need to for a new build and don't already have 7 or 8.1.

Still running 8.1, played with 10 at a friend's house. Seemed nice but he couldn't run Stronghold Crusader 2 on it so I'll hold off until he doesn't have that issue, I'm not trying to upgrade myself out of game compatibility. I'm playing LOTR War in the North (much older than Stronghold Crusader 2) and I'm not trying to lose my ability to play that or my other "yet to plays"

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Still running 8.1, played with 10 at a friend's house. Seemed nice but he couldn't run Stronghold Crusader 2 on it so I'll hold off until he doesn't have that issue, I'm not trying to upgrade myself out of game compatibility. I'm playing LOTR War in the North (much older than Stronghold Crusader 2) and I'm not trying to lose my ability to play that or my other "yet to plays"

Only game I haven't had an issue playing is one from 1996. :lol: But it's just one of them. Other older games aren't an issue, even ones that use DOSBox.

Only game I haven't had an issue playing is one from 1996. :lol: But it's just one of them. Other older games aren't an issue, even ones that use DOSBox.

I saw that, in all likelihood it's just that one game but I'll probably more seriously upgrade to Win10 once I finish LOTR and before I install the next game. Then I'll be less attached to this current install. :thumbsup:

I saw that, in all likelihood it's just that one game but I'll probably more seriously upgrade to Win10 once I finish LOTR and before I install the next game. Then I'll be less attached to this current install. :thumbsup:

Yeah, when looking for a possible solution other people were having issues with it, too. Some fixes worked for certain people, but not for others. Ah well, I've got enough parts to throw together a Windows 7 or older build for it if need be, lol.

Yeah, when looking for a possible solution other people were having issues with it, too. Some fixes worked for certain people, but not for others. Ah well, I've got enough parts to throw together a Windows 7 or older build for it if need be, lol.

Dual boot? Lol, still my friend was able to run Elder Scrolls Arena through DOSbox in 8.1... There's no excuse a 1 year old or less game shouldn't hahaha