Sign in to follow this  
FUZi0N

What's your PC plans for 2015?

My hard drive has been making a lot of noise for the last couple of years, so I ordered a Crucial M550 (512G).  I got it for $165 in a recent Newegg Shell Shocker sale.  It arrives today!!!  After that....maybe an AIO watercooler later in the year.

Thinking of giving overclocking another go round so I have already started looking around for some new parts. I will likely go with intel this time just because it's been awhile since I have gone that route. Likely will transfer over my GTX980 to the new build and am contemplating grabbing another one just for shits and giggles. All watercooled of course. :)

My hard drive has been making a lot of noise for the last couple of years, so I ordered a Crucial M550 (512G).  I got it for $165 in a recent Newegg Shell Shocker sale.  It arrives today!!!  After that....maybe an AIO watercooler later in the year.

That's a good deal!

Thinking of giving overclocking another go round so I have already started looking around for some new parts. I will likely go with intel this time just because it's been awhile since I have gone that route. Likely will transfer over my GTX980 to the new build and am contemplating grabbing another one just for shits and giggles. All watercooled of course. :)

Good choice, used to be a hardcore AMD fan but Intel is the way to go now.

But all the rigs in your sig are intel... lol

I am really tired of hot cards - my overclocked 780Ti loaded at 80C at 100% fan in the summer, now my overclocked 1475MHz 980 loads at 64C at 72% fan in the same ambient temps haha

+1  I went from a 780 to this 970 and the temps are SO much better.  Plus I get better performance in all the games I play and tested.

This year... finally change out that old cpu cooler I bought from bpanda.  Actually I already got a TT Nic c4, but those fans and the wired in controller are just killing it for me.  I even bought some bitfenix pro 4-pin fans to replace them with, but they don't really fit that fan shroud all that well.  It's kinda lost momentum...

Other than that, I think I'll get a bigger backup drive and I won a big psu at the christmas contest that should be a worthy upgrade.  

I also need a new laptop for work at some point.

But all the rigs in your sig are intel... lol

Well I have just been lazy about updating it lol. Last two builds were an 8320 and then an 8350. Which I love both of and see no real need to replace, I just want to lol.

No upgrades planned for me. Nothing awesome was released and my system actually runs great. 

No plans to upgrade for awhile, I dont need to the 980x runs word documents, email, facebook just fine and my surveillance. cameras... Probably when something dies like the motherboard I may...

Gonna get a nice Freesync monitor, otherwise I am golden :-)

My plans for the year are to finally replace my case fans, saying I have a few that stopped spinning.

If I had the money (or if I find it), I do want to build a minitix rig for bringing to a friends if I want to LAN it up.  We get together on weekends and my current case is just too big and heavy for my liking.