Car Accident

Sly_C

Would you tell the Guard?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you tell the Guard?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, I'm sitting here at work and was like 4 am and I hear something come over the radio and it turns out that this woman just backed into a car in an almost empty parking deck and went and told the security guard on duty what she had done. So my question is, if it would have been you would you have told the guard? or would have you just left?

my answer: I don't think I would have told anyone, my insurance is high enough already. Probably left a note saying something like, "Sorry" or "Don't it suck that I hit your car and you'll never know who I am?" haha.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can never tell who's watching.Hit-n-run is a major legal/financial headache,so you'd have to live with the nagging suspicion that the Federales might show up and drag you off to the poky in chains(I've been handcuffed-it REALLY sucks).Then there's the issue of your conscience.I left a note with name,phone number when I did it.Oh,it was a long time ago and I hit a Corvette :lol:

yeah i'd tell him, it's the right thing to do, but more importantly, i would leave my info on a note under their windshield wiper

nobody is quick to post their explanation on why they voted the way they did, hhmmm, wonder if it has to do with the fact that more people have voted NO than YES, and maybe, just maybe, there is a direct link between people who do things they know are wrong and those who choose to cover it up or act like it didn't happen, cowardly people do cowardly things

this is all hypothetical of course, but if someone had hit my car and drove off, like nothing happened, dude if i ever found out who it was, they would have like years of "bad luck"

sucks to get up to go to work and all your tires are flat, sucks to start your car and it won't cause there is no gas in it, sucks to go to wash your car, and all the paint runs off because "something" got on your car, etc..............then things get worse, your car overheats going down the road causing you to have to get a new motor/car, only because the drain plug in the oil pan mysteriously fell out, and so on.......

what goes around comes around

How would you like the note on YOUR car??

What if someone breaks into your house and takes EVERYTHING...  well as long as they leave a note saying "Sorry..."  I guess it is OK?

that's not even the same, theft compared to damage to personal property, come on man, don't be rediculous

leaving a note on someone's CAR is what EVERYONE is told to do when they hit someone's car and the person is not around

the argument is not whether or not leaving the note is wrong or right, the thing each person has to determine for themselves is whether or not it is right to notify the person you did something wrong, or made a mistake, or if it is okay to just say F-it

it's all about morals, and i guess the age of the person responding may have alot to do with it, i am 28 yrs old, and i value everything i have, younger people, nothing personal here, but it's true, don't usually appreciate what they have till they have lost it

you just have to put yourself in the other guys shoes, if you owned a car just like his, and someone hit you, would you appreciate them being able to "own up" to what they did? or would you not care, if the latter, you have a sick sense of what is right and what is wrong

:withstupid:

I too agree with Gravy. At the end of the day, all you have is your integrity.

It would cost me more in time spent thinking about it if I acted like a weasel and left, than it would cost in money to own-up to my mistake and handle the problem I caused.

I would also know myself to be a better man for having done it. Walking around feeling guilty over all the weasly things you've done is no way to live.

You can never tell who's watching.Hit-n-run is a major legal/financial headache,so you'd have to live with the nagging suspicion that the Federales might show up and drag you off to the poky in chains(I've been handcuffed-it REALLY sucks).Then there's the issue of your conscience.I left a note with name,phone number when I did it.Oh,it was a long time ago and I hit a Corvette :lol:

:withstupid:

As some of you may remember, my car was recently involved with a hit&run (Details can be found here:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=18352&hl= )

r_target is right...you never know who's watching.

Two days after my car was hit, we caught the bastard....how do you think he liked having two police detectives show up at his house uninvited and unexpected? :)

We have friends scattered all around our block/neighborhood, and after putting out the word to all of them, we got great leads that eventually led to his capture. If we were mean we could've pressed criminal charges, but since he lives around the block, we decided to let it slide so there's no bad blood between us (don't want him comin over in the mid of the night and smashing one of our cars or house), so we just let him pay for everything and let it rest.

But if it had happened away from my house, with presumably someone who doesn't know where i live, you could bet we would have definitely pressed charges.

Don't be stupid...you're asking for a lot more trouble if you "run"