The Fubarbarian

What is your go to tool for calibrating your monitors?

Looking to hear any and all tips for calibrating your monitors. What tools you have used and what worked best.

Currently looking to Calibrate an LED monitor the ASUS VG248QE anyone with experience calibrating it?

Edited by The Fubarbarian

I use the i1 Pro 2 but its no longer being made. A good cheap solution with good results is the  X-Rite ColorMunki but you will have to check if it supports multiple displays since it's the comsumer model and not the Pro one.

edit: I will say a lot of people think you can eyeball it and cailbrate it but that only usefull if you aren't trying to same simliar results across platforms. Than again i'm dealing with printing and color daily so I need to have monitors simliar color temp and color accuracy, it worth having a device making sure what you see if correct.

Indeed, I agree with hornybluecow, do it with a sensor.

I use a Spyder4Pro myself. I would just suggest you to use one with integrated ambient light sensor...

I use Spyder4Pro (from Spyder3Pro), and it does a really good job for monitors. I just hate that I have to update it all the time. You're supposed to, but my environments don't change, so I shouldn't need to.

You can also always calibrate things yourself, like you would a HDTV. For that, I use Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc 2nd Edition and eyeball it. However, for monitors, a sensor is the best way to go.