Sign in to follow this  
Braegnok

Fully Modular Oil-Cooled PC

Christina,.. http://www.razerzone.com/christine

I've seen oil cooled IBM Servers years ago,.. but this is crazy having modular CPU and RAM,.. the system must have all sorts of timing and crosstalk issues with no PCIe, controllers/bridges,.. :unsure:

Razer hopes to have a finalized version of Christine ready for CES 2015.

Edited by Braegnok

Pretty interesting. It'll probably cost 5 times more than custom watercooling and overclocking yourself, but at least it's a start. :P

Would be nice to have a stack of Hot Swap on the fly GPU's when you need em. :lol:

Edited by Braegnok

I love the comments some mainstream PC companies make (from the link)

"For more than 30 years, only the most hardcore enthusiasts were able to take advantage of PC customizability."

Wow! that must make me one of the most hardcore enthusiasts ever!  :teehee: And also everyone on OCC!

Meh...fluorinert has been around a long time (the 80s) and fully submerged machines are nothing new.

Cool concept, but I don't see it ever being profitable for Razor or reasonably priced for consumers.

I wonder what the internals look like. If they require proprietary hardware form factors. Cool, but I have a feeling it'll be too expensive.

Hmm...  I don't know what to think about it.  Seems like it will be; 1) expensive, 2) overly-easy to use and sacrificial to performance, and 3) a monopoly on parts for them.

Hmm...  I don't know what to think about it.  Seems like it will be; 1) expensive, 2) overly-easy to use and sacrificial to performance, and 3) a monopoly on parts for them.

This