RMA Success Thread 2014/2015

IVIYTH0S

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently trying to RMA one of my Vapor X's and so far I can't seem to get their website to work properly, every time I try to reply to my rma ticket it just opens a new tab in the browser and wants me to log in again.............

Just to follow up here a little bit, I still have not received an RMA number yet alone heard back from anyone at Sapphire, it has been 2 days since I have gotten a response..............

Edited by slick2500

• 3 weeks later...

RMA'd a DOA 580 3GB to EVGA. Got my new one in today and it seems to be working perfectly.

The pair that I originally purchased were both B-Stock so I was expecting hiccups. The replacement actually still had the plastic protecting cover over the sticker on the HS shroud and actually came with a rubber piece covering the SLI bridge (which neither of the others did.)

I'm kind of guessing that it's basically a brand new card that they just pulled out of a box since I had to deal with the dead card in the first place. I'd say that EVGA are some pretty cool people and this was an overall pleasant experience. 

Turnaround time was 2-3 weeks, which is expected seeing as it takes a week to get there and a week back lol.

• 2 months later...

Manufacturer: PNY

Product that was RMA'd: Turbo USB 3.0 256GB Flash Drive

Warranty period on original product: 1 year Warranty

How long product lasted before failure: 7months and 25 days/237days (Bought on 12/19/14, Rec'd 12/26/14)

Product received from RMA: Turbo USB 3.0 256GB Flash Drive

Warranty period on received product: 1 year Warranty (ending when the original warranty did/does)

Time Table:

Aug 20th: Emailed them

Aug 21st: RMA # Received

Aug 24th: Flash drive shipped out

Aug 26th: Received replacement drive

Turn around time: 2 days (2 business days)

Total time: 6 days (4 business days)

Was the problem solved: Yes

Was the RMA easy to setup: Yes

Were you satisfied with turnaround time: Yes

Did they meet or exceed your expectations of a good RMA, and why: FAR exceeded any RMA process I've ever done. The turn around time was unheard of, though I know that most of this is because of their warehouse that's based in NJ so obviously it was just a matter of luck but still PNY is on their GAME when it comes to replacing products under warranty.

Would buy from this manufacturer again: Yes I absolutely would, though the drive failed, it did so under warranty and could have just been a bad egg. I hope for the replacement to far outlive its predecessor long after the remainder of the warranty period expires because I'm too cheap to buy another (got this free after rebate) but don't want to live with a flash drive with limited space again after this thing spoiled me, not to mention the drive's overall speed capabilities.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 months later...

Manufacturer: ORICO

Product that was RMA'd: Tool Free 2.5" SATA USB 3.0 External Enclosure (2588US3)

Warranty period on original product: 1 year Warranty

How long product lasted before failure: 3months and 24 days/116days (Bought on 7/3/15, Rec'd 7/6/15)

Product received from RMA: Tool Free 2.5" SATA USB 3.0 External Enclosure (2588US3)

Warranty period on received product: 1 year Warranty (ending when the original warranty did/does)

Time Table:

Oct 16th: Emailed them

Oct 20th: ORICO responded and shipped out replacement and let me keep the damaged one (yay...lol, though it is a nice safe container for an unused 2.5" drive to sit in).

Oct 30th: Received replacement enclosure

Turn around time: N/A

Total time: 14 days (10 business days)

Was the problem solved: Yes

Was the RMA easy to setup: Yes

Were you satisfied with turnaround time: Yes

Did they meet or exceed your expectations of a good RMA, and why: Absolutely, it didn't cost me anything more than a couple minutes assembling the complaint email and providing a screen shot of my Amazon order history. Didn't need to spend any money shipping out the defective unit.

Would buy from this manufacturer again: Absolutely, sure the warranty period is among the shorter ones for this enclosure but hopefully it was just a bad egg and the replacement lasts me for much longer because I really have had bad luck with 2.5" enclosures failing over the years!

Edited by IVIYTH0S

WD external my passport hd 2tb

Bought Dec 2014- 3 year warranty

Fell off desk around oct 14-2015 (while running )

Got rma # oct 15-2015

Mailed out oct 16-2015

Received replacement drive oct 29-2015

Quite Happy with company (didn't mention the falling part to them) :D