i7 950 100

Fragsman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I do hope is good because is $1500-2000 depending on the store..

I might pay a visit to the computer shopping and see what they can offer me. Anyway I found a seller with a good price and the best califications from users/buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

you can't fix or replace the senor as its on the die. So i guess as long as it doesnt downclock do to thermals you should be okay. Now if it is downclocking and you are sure it's just the sensor than you can turn it off in the bios. it is possible from all those times you reseated the cpu cooler, it's no longer flat therfore causing the high temps. Thats extremely unlikely but you never know..

on a side note, there is no reason to re-do the thermal paste every 1-6 months. heck I leave it on for years. Once in a bluemoon i'll take it apart but thats just because i'm bored, not because it's required.

I find my paste becomes crusty and crappy thought it might be because my pc folds at 100% load 24/7. I try to do the paste every time i clean the dust out which is every 2-6 months.

If you are using that stock cooler with a broken pin it very well could reach 100c at load. The cooler is not making proper contact with the cpu. Do not worry, if you keep letting it run at 90 to 100c it will burn weather it's a decent processor or not. :nono:

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Making real short.

I bought a Corsair H60 for $1400. The thing is my mobo is Thermaltake V9 Black and the hose/hosepipe of H60 (dunno what's the real translation) touches the Thermaltake Side FAN 23cm ...

Resume I can't close the cabinet.

Unless I make some pressure on the hose/hosepipes to make it fitter and close the cabinet.

Now I really need some help.

I installed the h60.

I didn't applied Thermal Paste, people said this already come with it (the first install), the next you need to clean and re-apply.

I am pretty sure I put all in correct order. The fan which goes at the back of cabinet is intake (introduces air to the radiator).

With all that LOAD = 71

I found the problem but I dunno how to fix it..

2ltfr08.jpg

bad contact issue.. I put as much pressure as I could but it seems the contact surface is not 100% "SOMEHOW"... i'm so angry and dissapointed.. I know I can work it out so I'll keep working on it.

Didn't you measure the Frio'd fit in nicely, why'd you get the H60 (though I'd of also assumed that the H60 would fit in easier too)

Anyway, maybe the motherboard is not uniform or warped, since it seems that all coolers cannot mount it correctly?

Seems I fixed the "contact problem". I got this as last picture taken from thermal paste. it looks ok to me.

xlc8ys.jpg

Picture is under "dot or rice method". Last method used for tests was credit card method to apply thermal paste. I added a very thin layer to the cpu.

FAN put to Exhaust (taking air  from the radiator to outside)

Low Temperature Ambient (not sure how much but around 24, maybe less)

Idle 30

Edited by Fragsman