i7 950 100

Fragsman

Perhaps, if you ever messed with Intel stock coolers you know it might be complicated to make it fit. I have broken 4 or 5 legs of 2 coolers already over 9 years. They can be easliy broken.

The expensive ones are a bit harder to put because you need to remove te motherboard completely but.. I guess it worth it. At the end one of those can last for YEARS. You only need to change the fan 

Been there and did that. I have busted a few by not paying attention to the pieces that push through the board. 

My offer still stands if you want to pay shipping for a free new cooler. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, if you ever messed with Intel stock coolers you know it might be complicated to make it fit. I have broken 4 or 5 legs of 2 coolers already over 9 years. They can be easliy broken.

Are you unlocking them before ripping them out of the board?  The only time I ever broke an Intel cooler was when I turned the lock the wrong way...

Yes yes, they use to broke when you put them (sometimes they don't easily want to fit)

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the click and turn type of cooler securing pins...they've just never felt good no matter how much faster and "convenient" they are. I'll gladly spend the extra time setting up the backplate and screwing down each corner of the CPU. I always feel like those little turn clips are going to slide and pop out while in use, gives me goosebumps just thinkin about. (though it kind of looks like that's what's happened, or whether they were never secured in the first place or not, who knows)

I don't think so. If they fit they will be ok jajaja.

Lol, I've eaten cake with less icing than was on that cpu. :no:

Yes it was a mess. I never did it that bad. I tought I put a bit of thermal paste and used a credit card to put a thin layer, seems i failed to do it and it was a mess.

The expensive ones are a bit harder to put because you need to remove te motherboard completely but.. I guess it worth it. At the end one of those can last for YEARS. You only need to change the fan 

Been there and did that. I have busted a few by not paying attention to the pieces that push through the board. 

My offer still stands if you want to pay shipping for a free new cooler. 

I cannot accept it unless you haven't absolute use for it or you plan to throw it =)

In that case I would have to find out how to do it because you will have to send it marked as "new" otherwise it won't enter to the country. This is a crappy country with a lot of restrictions like if we were 1st world and we are not... =/

I'm writting to customs office. I'm so naive waiting for their answer jaja.. I've heard they apply taxes to clothes, everything. Even if they are gift, so I would like to have an approximate because they could make me pay even more than the product itself. It's nonsense but those are their rules.

Just to make sure to avoid ccokeman waste a second of his life :P

This makes me think we need a sticky on thermal past application...

Not just because that cake frosting was a mess, but in general, I feel many don't know the "right" amount or perhaps different application methods out there...

If you have money or a cooler, get one lol

Is the Frio the only *good* cooler your store offers? Where are you looking to buy from? The Frio's great but maybe we could get you something a little cheaper for ya that will still well meet your needs

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Well I usually look at this page since in my city there are computer store but .. they are not likely to have variety or they will be more expensive. I'll have to travel to the capital of Buenos Aires where there is a shopping with around 20-30 computer stores in one place. I'm like 1 hour distance from there.

Most of those vendors put prices here:
?listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/cooler  (without http)

Edited by Fragsman