i7 950 100

Fragsman

Hey whatsapp locos

I'm here again with a strange case.

Previous information. Like one year ago I ran Prime 95 just for playing. When CPU reach nearly 90

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't fix or replace the senor as its on the die. So i guess as long as it doesnt downclock do to thermals you should be okay. Now if it is downclocking and you are sure it's just the sensor than you can turn it off in the bios. it is possible from all those times you reseated the cpu cooler, it's no longer flat therfore causing the high temps. Thats extremely unlikely but you never know..

on a side note, there is no reason to re-do the thermal paste every 1-6 months. heck I leave it on for years. Once in a bluemoon i'll take it apart but thats just because i'm bored, not because it's required.

Right on IVI, forgot all about the temp sensor gun, I use mine on every pc I work on, always is within 2 degrees of what the software says.

Indeed, I love mine and it's far simpler and possibly cost me a little more than that. Great little gadget to have around :)

Hummmm... now that you mention.. I am confused.

I remember playing Mu Online (it doesn't matter but I remember I look at temps when playing that game, is not heavy but I put my characters AFK) and I do remember the temps were 55-59 so for sure my normal idle is not 54

Edited by Fragsman

sometimes the bios will get corrupted so it won't hurt to pull the bios battery or short out the jumper pins to reset it to default once in a while, that will fix any problems you might have with it, but a thermal gun is the best way to check for proper temps.

Most likely with the intel stock cooler your idle temps might be around 40c, but they shouldn't be much more than that.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Hummmm... now that you mention.. I am confused.

I remember playing Mu Online (it doesn't matter but I remember I look at temps when playing that game, is not heavy but I put my characters AFK) and I do remember the temps were 55-59 so for sure my normal idle is not 54