OCC Twitch Stream

Guest_Jim_*

Since I enjoyed doing the stream last weekend, I'm going to do another this one. Instead of Shadow of Mordor though, I'll be playing Daylight, another game I reviewed, and also the first game to use, the now free, Unreal Engine 4.

Will probably try to start the stream a little after 1:00 PM EST, like last time. (That's after I post the Steam Daily Deal.)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guest_Jim, i am trying to set up a Twitch stream and curious which streaming platform did you pick? Have you tried multiple platforms and if you had, which one worked out best or was easiest to use?

When I did The Crew a few months ago I used ShadowPlay, but for Shadow of Mordor I used OBS (using NVENC). ShadowPlay is very nice and simple, which is a nice advantage, but OBS has some nice features, such as being able to work with borderless fullscreen windows (ShadowPlay is fullscreen only). The cost of those nice features in OBS is that it is more complicated to set up, but there are a lot of guides for using it to Twitch stream, and once it's configured, it's easy enough to put to use.

Thanks for watching!

I'll get the YouTube playlist linked as soon as I can, so everyone can see me suffer from some jump scares (hey, when witches appear without cues, and then kill you, it's a little scary). May take a little longer than last time though, so I can combine everything together after the pair of disconnects I suffered. (Not sure what caused those, but I've got an idea.)

You should try to have a schedule for your streaming times, this way you could get a wider audience since people could plan ahead.

I understand this is not always possible, but with some viewers in the stream, it is a lot more fun to do (as you would know of course)

You should try to have a schedule for your streaming times, this way you could get a wider audience since people could plan ahead.

I understand this is not always possible, but with some viewers in the stream, it is a lot more fun to do (as you would know of course)

Do you mean a schedule like each Saturday, a little after 1 PM EST, after I post the Steam Daily Deal, as I did and said for both the Shadow of Mordor and Daylight streams, from these past two Saturdays?