New Pc Build AMD+AMD

Yes, let's go run some benches to show me what I personally will never notice lol. You are right, it has been proven, that's not my point. My point is that the difference is not even something anyone will notice, even in most games and the games it is noticeable in, it will still be noticeable on both.Lol

Ignoring reality doesn't change it.

The differences are noticable to the naked eye, and no, they don't always manifest on both vendor's CPUs.

Read up a bit on frame latency and how CPUs perform in the most difficult of frames. Continue to call me a fanboy if you wish but I guarantee I've owned more AMD CPUs than you...I just can't ignore the difference these days. :lol:

Ok, well you run benches, you must be right . I'm sorry, I'll keep my real life user experiences to myself from now on..lmao this place

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just worry about the PSU and GPU, not the CPU... lol. My friend has a Core 2 Duo and a 660Ti and plays any games he wants happily at 1080P, your CPU is better than his.

Agreed, +++ add a better CPU cooler and overclock that little i3 puppy and call it a day.  I just don't see the point in a somewhat lateral cpu side grade.  Unless you're going to a quad core, I'd stick with what you have and focus on the power supply, memory and video card.

And please for heaven's sake, don't disregard all of the sage advice already given about investing in a decent power supply.  No hardware upgrade makes sense if you're going to risk it on an aged "generic" power supply.

Ok, well you run benches, you must be right . I'm sorry, I'll keep my real life user experiences to myself from now on..lmao this place

I have eyes, but sure, imply that anyone who disagrees with you is making things up.

Implying there's no difference in experience or smoothness is just incorrect.

Just worry about the PSU and GPU, not the CPU... lol. My friend has a Core 2 Duo and a 660Ti and plays any games he wants happily at 1080P, your CPU is better than his.

Agreed, +++ add a better CPU cooler and overclock that little i3 puppy and call it a day.  I just don't see the point in a somewhat lateral cpu side grade.  Unless you're going to a quad core, I'd stick with what you have and focus on the power supply, memory and video card.

And please for heaven's sake, don't disregard all of the sage advice already given about investing in a decent power supply.  No hardware upgrade makes sense if you're going to risk it on an aged "generic" power supply.

This. The primary upgrade path here, for gaming, is a better PSU, a bit more memory, and a decent video card (not that a 7770 isn't decent, but whether you upgrade it or not depends on what CPU you already have and I think I missed that earlier in this thread).

He has some very specific issues with regard to power grid stability and the mandatory use of a UPS where he lives to keep from killing things and just does not have the budget to maximize that part of his rig since both parts need to be replaced.  If he could I agree that would be a great option for long term health.   

He has some very specific issues with regard to power grid stability and the mandatory use of a UPS where he lives to keep from killing things and just does not have the budget to maximize that part of his rig since both parts need to be replaced.  If he could I agree that would be a great option for long term health.   

Even though the single, more efficient, more stable PSU would greatly improve his needs for durability and peace of mind :P

I'm not sure the OP knows he NEEDS a good PSU and WANTS a CPU/motherboard upgrade :P. The i3 he has now is a good CPU, if anything I'm sure he could score an old i5 or i7 from that generation on the cheap

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'm not implying that anyone is making anything up and you are an idiot for saying so or you just don't comprehend what I am saying. That's the problem with this place. Everyone with an opinion is apparently an expert. I was overclocking pcs before you had nut hair but now that you can run a few benchmarks in the age where any idiot can oc, you are an expert lol.

I'm not implying that anyone is making anything up and you are an idiot for saying so or you just don't comprehend what I am saying. That's the problem with this place. Everyone with an opinion is apparently an expert. I was overclocking pcs before you had nut hair but now that you can run a few benchmarks in the age where any idiot can oc, you are an expert lol.

You're drunk bubba, go back to bed :teehee:

Even though the single, more efficient, more stable PSU would greatly improve his needs for durability and peace of mind :P

I'm not sure the OP knows he NEEDS a good PSU and WANTS a CPU/motherboard upgrade :P. The i3 he has now is a good CPU, if anything I'm sure he could score an old i5 or i7 from that generation on the cheap

He is running dual PSU's with dual UPS and cannot buy it even if he wanted to. He stated the upgrade cost on the PSU/UPS is not an option at this time.  

He is running dual PSU's with dual UPS and cannot buy it even if he wanted to. He stated the upgrade cost on the PSU/UPS is not an option at this time.  

I guess...Atleast the newer Haswell i3 will be more efficient so that'll help put less strain on the cheap units in use...

Bro please understand i'll buy when i can afford for the mean time I'll stick with this

Sorry I'm so adamant about this, just don't want any of your fresh components getting lost to poor some power supplies, especially when you have a nice system now