AlphaX

New Pc Build AMD+AMD

Single thread performance was terrible from the Athlon era, core 2 series were almost 30% faster clock for clock and the gap has only gone wider ever since.

I wonder what AMD is thinking noways in terms of processing performance, i know they wanted to go mobile competitive (and are good at it thanks to APU's), and i heard a rumor they neglect the desktop processors in the process (as seen from the newer processors from AMD, the Phenom II is faster clock for clock than any fx chip).

Soon Intel is really just the way to go.

Hmm I thought people were praising Athlons till the conroe processors launch, there's quite a time gap between their launches :P

Athlon 64 was impressive at the time but Conroe changed the game per say. 

Hmm I thought people were praising Athlons till the conroe processors launch, there's quite a time gap between their launches :P

Ok, i should have mentioned which Athlon was not impressive anymore :P

Since the release of conroe (core 2), all the processors of AMD were lacking in performance and it never went the other way around ever since.

I'm even contemplating replacing my daily driver Core i7 920 rig with a 5Ghz  8370E at this point just to play with the parts.  

If you have the games, try the following games if you were planning on benchmarking:

Far cry 4

Watch dogs (especially curious about this one as it eats CPU like it is nothing, Ubisoft coding at its finest lol)

Any popular MMO (planetside, final fantasy 14, Tera, or even wow, you get the drill ;P)

Synthetic benchmarks (3dmark, Unigine stuff, unreal 4 elemental demo)

Curious what the outcome will be.

If you can, try to O.C. that i7 to 4.0GHz, for benchmarking purposes..

If the results are interesting, maybe OCC could write an article about it?

My i7 920 sucks and wont do 4.0Ghz!

Synthetics you can see in the review I linked to looking at an 8350,8370, 8370E, 9370, 9590, i7 4960X, 4770K and 4790K. Stock and overclocked.

Watch dogs sucks as a game and I may try Far Cry 4.  

Single thread performance was terrible from the Athlon era, core 2 series were almost 30% faster clock for clock and the gap has only gone wider ever since.

I wonder what AMD is thinking noways in terms of processing performance, i know they wanted to go mobile competitive (and are good at it thanks to APU's), and i heard a rumor they neglect the desktop processors in the process (as seen from the newer processors from AMD, the Phenom II is faster clock for clock than any fx chip).

AMD does all it can for how little money they in contrast to big I though :-/

Yeah an i3 3220 costs 7500 inr here whereas an fx 6300 costs 7200

And the i3 outperforms the fx, so the price is right imo.

AMD does all it can for how little money they in contrast to big I though  :-/

Now in English? xD