New Asus computer, need some advice

Computation

I'm trying to upgrade my computer to play archeage and I want it to run at like 1080p resolution on ultra settings. I got $1300 to spend max. The computer I'm looking at is here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220801

Here is the monitor i'm looking at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014378

Any issues with this computer as far as performance of parts, etc?

Building a computer to get more bang for my buck is not out of the question but the last time I did that was back in 2008 or so and I'm not into the whole computer building scene like I was back then so I wouldn't know where to start anymore.

Edited by Computation

If you have that kind of money to burn, build your own.

If you don't know how, we can help you assemble the parts and let the company, where you buy it, assemble for you if you are not familiar building pc's.

As far as the chosen pc, that is quite a bad pc for that money, especially the video card and it's useless 4gb of Vram, which it will never utilize.

If you want to build your own, let us handle the specs, and you can build away :)

I'm with War on this one. We would be happy to help finding betters parts for the same price.

Basically if you ended up going with the prebuilt, you would most likely need to replace the power supply when you bought a video card. That Geforce 740 is only good for browsing the web and nothing else. I'm guessing the 4gb of vram is actually system memory allocated to the video like many laptops also do.

Have to +1 the above posts, that pc has no business being classified as a ganing pc, it has not even a middle end video card, , and very most likely a 300 watt psu which won't run a better video card, if all you want to play is pogo and facebook games it MIGHT just be good. Build your own!

Edited by SpikeSoprano

I agree with all of the above. Logic is simple - when you build yourself you can drop things you don't need for gaming. Like, 2 Tb HDD (go with an SSD) or put a better GPU in... Also, 16 Gb ram is a bit of an overkill...

There are people here who can help, and also there are guides and how-to's!

never heard of Archeage but does not look to be a very demanding game

the computer you selected is fine

I would prefer a nicer video card but I won't recommend you build your own unless you read up on static wrist straps and have common sense not to work on carpets with the heater on and no humidifier in your house. 

I would prefer a nicer video card but I won't recommend you build your own unless you read up on static wrist straps and have common sense not to work on carpets with the heater on and no humidifier in your house. 

Umm, yeah I've played it (a friend begged me to try it with him typical MMO grind fest for at least the first 3 hours where I said screw it) IF he has ANY hopes of 1080p ultra (and he does) the 740 isn't going to cut it. The game actually looks good for an MMO maxed out. I would doubt it would push much more than 30 fps on low.  

Obviously build your own if going to give more control on bang for your buck, but Cyberpower PC and other similar vendors occasionally will offer something close to a custom build for not too much over retail price if you REALLY want to avoid the DIY method.

That pc isn't bad for video editing or photoshop work, but would need upgrades for gaming.  The graphics card and power supply both would need to be swapped out, and the h81 mobo isn't the best option.  And if you don't do editing then it's a bit of waste of money going with the i7 cpu and 16gbs of ram.  It's pretty fairly priced considering assembling that exact system would run around $800 for the parts and os. 

For a gaming pc go with an i5 cpu, 8gbs of ram, and a gtx 970.  I would start by looking here: http://pcpartpicker.com/ check out the link to the $1000 budget gaming pc on the front page, it would blow away the asus machine at gaming.

Umm, yeah I've played it (a friend begged me to try it with him typical MMO grind fest for at least the first 3 hours where I said screw it) IF he has ANY hopes of 1080p ultra (and he does) the 740 isn't going to cut it. The game actually looks good for an MMO maxed out. I would doubt it would push much more than 30 fps on low.  

Obviously build your own if going to give more control on bang for your buck, but Cyberpower PC and other similar vendors occasionally will offer something close to a custom build for not too much over retail price if you REALLY want to avoid the DIY method.

Despite the 'graphics' look most korean MMOs are actually CPU heavy usually a mediocre GPU is fine

for instance, TERA on Max settings puts a heavy load on the CPU

but like I said, I have not played archeage 

This topic should be closed as the OP already made another topic on a pc he wants to make and there are already two pages on there :P

Not that you cannot discuss other thing here, but i doubt the OP will see most of the comments.