Diamond USB 3.0/2.0 to HDMI/DVI Mini Ultra Dock Reviewed

Bosco

Seems useful, what was the max refresh rate you could use and at what res?

I would guess 1080P / 2048 x 1152 and 60hz since that is what is stated on the website :P

Although she did mention 2560x1600 on the first page, and that is quite a bit higher...

Both of you are having a hard time! haha. 

The first page talks about a sticker on the box which states up to 2048 x 1152. The sticker was covering up an original claim for 2560 x 1600 resolutions, which was likely what they originally aimed at supporting, but perhaps had trouble supporting? Who really knows.

Apologies for not listing the 1080p spec. The monitor tested on was 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. Unfortunately I could not clock the frequency higher on that particular monitor. 

Waco has a 2560 x 1440 monitor that allows clocking in the frequency perspective -- so perhaps I can steal it from him tonight to get you some actual "limits" in that regard. At the time, his monitor wasn't available (already packed up) due to us moving to this AWESOME new house. :)

Turns out it just won't work with 2560 x 1440 (hence why they likely put the sticker over it on the box). 

Can't even get it to do anything with Waco's monitor. Does not play nice...

1080p @ 60 Hz is all I can promise...

I think it is a little sloppy of them to just put a sticker on it rather than re-design the box itself.

One could to that in mere minutes if the person had the designs, so maybe lazy is the more appropriate word here lol.

I think it is a little sloppy of them to just put a sticker on it rather than re-design the box itself.

One could to that in mere minutes if the person had the designs, so maybe lazy is the more appropriate word here lol.

Well, I did mention that in the review...but I can tell already you didn't read much from your first post. haha

But it's likely they designed the box before testing was done...sadly. 

Well, I did mention that in the review...but I can tell already you didn't read much from your first post. haha

But it's likely they designed the box before testing was done...sadly. 

I skimped over it to get the juicy stuff :3

Might have missed a thing or two along the way xP