OCC Poll 11/09/2014

Nyt

Gaming platforms  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are your current gaming platforms ?

• PC
    • Mac
    • PlayStation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Wii U
    • PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Wii
    • Android tablet/smartphone
    • iOS tablet/smartphone
    • NVIDIA Shield
    • PS Vita
    • Nintendo 3DS
    • PSP
    • Nintendo DS
    • Ouya

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC Gaming Is only really good for rts games now. I moved away from pc gaming because of the amount of work it takes just to start a game. Nothing just works, you contantly have to edit some settings or manually patch files just to play a game. On the console you just put the disc in and go. Down grade in graphics is worth it since it's playable.

Heck half my games don't even work on windows 7. Forget abut playing fallout 3 or any older title.

^ exclusive titles shouldn't be on that list, consoles/handhelds have the biggest exclusives, so not so master race yet :P

Plus ridiculously un-optimized games as of late, so that is also, a not so glorious race xP

Although admitted, when i have a decent pc again, i will probably play all the multiplatform games on there :P

^ exclusive titles shouldn't be on that list, consoles/handhelds have the biggest exclusives, so not so master race yet :P

Plus ridiculously un-optimized games as of late, so that is also, a not so glorious race xP

Although admitted, when i have a decent pc again, i will probably play all the multiplatform games on there :P

Have you seen Steam and the huge number of exclusive indie games and early access ?

Games may be unoptimized, but it is still better than 720p/900p and 30FPS like the next gen consoles.

PC Gaming Is only really good for rts games now. I moved away from pc gaming because of the amount of work it takes just to start a game. Nothing just works, you contantly have to edit some settings or manually patch files just to play a game. On the console you just put the disc in and go. Down grade in graphics is worth it since it's playable.

Heck half my games don't even work on windows 7. Forget abut playing fallout 3 or any older title.

I don't know what you're doing...but this isn't even remotely true.

My Fallout 3 works just fine on Windows 7 and 8.1

I play Knights of the Old Republic I and II with ease on both Windows 7 and 8.1. Same with Morrowind, Rollercoaster Tycoon, SimCity 2000, and dozens of other games all older than Fallout 3.

RPGs I prefer on PC, same with FPS (KB&M over controller all day, every day), action/adventure (can hook up a controller if you prefer), simulation, strategy (both real-time and turn-based), and pretty much every other genre I can think of. Consoles still win in sports for me, but the rest I prefer on PC if the game is available there.

The games are only unoptimized because they are piss poor console ports most of the time. Because the devs could care less about pc gamers because we will all pirate the games anyway............... :rolleyes:

I play Knights of the Old Republic I and II with ease on both Windows 7 and 8.1. Same with Morrowind, Rollercoaster Tycoon, SimCity 2000, and dozens of other games all older than Fallout 3.

RPGs I prefer on PC, same with FPS (KB&M over controller all day, every day), action/adventure (can hook up a controller if you prefer), simulation, strategy (both real-time and turn-based), and pretty much every other genre I can think of. Consoles still win in sports for me, but the rest I prefer on PC if the game is available there.

I have a PS3 and the only games I have are GTA IV, GTA V, Red Dead Redemtion, Portal 2(it came with a free copy for PC so I figured eh 2 for 1 lol), Infamous and some zombie game that I got for free after the PSN hacking incident.

Have you seen Steam and the huge number of exclusive indie games and early access ?

Games may be unoptimized, but it is still better than 720p/900p and 30FPS like the next gen consoles.

Aside from the indies (who also get console releases) and crappy early access (i have only seen bad things about it), pc exclusives have gotten rather thin compared to let's say 2004.

Assassins creed unity is running crap on high end systems, so you are probably also stuck on 30fps and low resolution if you want any chance of it running smooth.

If this trend keeps up (and it will), pc will no longer be THE platform to play on, unless you are filthy rich and can afford a 1500+ dollar pc to run the latest and greatest on 60fps, 1080P, and reasonable settings.

It is cheaper to get a console then, since that is where the "magic" happens these days...

I got nothing against pc gamers and pc games in general, i just state some stuff the elitists don't post, because that is not really "glorious master race" like no? :P

I don't know what you're doing...but this isn't even remotely true.

My Fallout 3 works just fine on Windows 7 and 8.1

+1, my friend had Elder Scrolls muthuh frackin' ARENA playing fine on Windows 8... and the original Dune playing on it as well, unless that was 7 before he switched...either way the point is proven!

Aside from the indies (who also get console releases) and crappy early access (i have only seen bad things about it), pc exclusives have gotten rather thin compared to let's say 2004.

Assassins creed unity is running crap on high end systems, so you are probably also stuck on 30fps and low resolution if you want any chance of it running smooth.

If this trend keeps up (and it will), pc will no longer be THE platform to play on, unless you are filthy rich and can afford a 1500+ dollar pc to run the latest and greatest on 60fps, 1080P, and reasonable settings.

It is cheaper to get a console then, since that is where the "magic" happens these days...

I got nothing against pc gamers and pc games in general, i just state some stuff the elitists don't post, because that is not really "glorious master race" like no? :P

Yeah I don't really play any of the indie games (sorry, I support them in spirit but not with actual money...), too many AAA titles to get to. I agree most of the worthwhile exclusives are on the console though, the only games I've played on my PS3 were Infamous 1&2, MGS4 and some PS2 games...I also consider GTA4 to be another console exclusive (to me) because the shitty Rockstar installer wouldn't let it install on Windows 8 (haven't tried it on 8.1 though, so I'll update if it works! It only worked on Windows 7, bastards)

Edited by IVIYTH0S