Hi there!

RazerZ

Not yet, but I plan to study mechanical engineering. Would other programs such as AutoDesk Inventor, Matlab, Catia, SolidWorks, Labview, etc. benefit from the i7?

In general most CAD programs love cores and they love clock speed. Hyperthreading, depending on what you're running, can scale anywhere from a few tens of percent to nearly 100% (IE: the additional threads perform as well as another full core). It really depends on how your workload is bound and that is dictated by what application you happen to be running. Some programs, even professional CAD programs, are very branch-heavy and tend to scale nearly linearly with additional threads. :)

Good stuff. I have a 2500k trade pending on craigslist, hopefully it goes well.

Welcome to OCC!

Thanks! This community certainly seems to be on the smaller side, but is cozy. I like it :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh snap, I missed a new member announcement D:

Welcome to OCC!

What anime are you into?

I am looking for a few new ones and maybe you could recommend me some if we have the same taste :P

Welcome to OCC!

What anime are you into?

I am looking for a few new ones and maybe you could recommend me some if we have the same taste :P

I'm just about finished Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) and OMG is it good! Just finished Steins Gate before that, another BIG thumbs up for that!

Black Rock Shooter on the other hand....save your time unless you're a lonely middle school girl :lol:

This community certainly seems to be on the smaller side, but is cozy. I like it :)

That's the beauty of it, you get to know everyone and we have experts for just about any problem/question.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Welcome to OCC!

What anime are you into?

Top genres would be romance/comedy/school/ecchi/harem.

Welcome to OCC!

What anime are you into?

I'm just about finished Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) and OMG is it good! Just finished Steins Gate before that, another BIG thumbs up for that!

Black Rock Shooter on the other hand....save your time unless you're a lonely middle school girl :lol:

This community certainly seems to be on the smaller side, but is cozy. I like it :)

That's the beauty of it, you get to know everyone and we have experts for just about any problem/question.

Here's my anime list link to see what I'm watching/ have watched. It's not perfect but it does include a lot of the recent anime I've watched.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rhenoware

Here's my anime list link to see what I'm watching/ have watched. It's not perfect but it does include a lot of the recent anime I've watched.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rhenoware

:highfive: for Angel Beats!, Gurren Lagann, and Elfen Lied, I have Clannad on my "to watch list", I've got to watch the second season of HSDxD and I also have to get to HS of the Dead.

Man you gave me a blast from the past I forgot with Prince of Tennis, I remember watching that my senior year of HS while on the tennis team and being extra into it haha.

I think I may have an old account on that website and I'll make my list up from what I remember and post it!

Also I see you plan to watch Kill La Kill and Sword Art Online, I can't recommend them both enough. KLK took me about halfway through to really get into but then it takes off hard like Gurren Lagann did towards the end.

Made my list lol, took forever (sure I still missed some): http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iviyth0s

Edited by IVIYTH0S

HS of the dead wasn't that great for me. Lots of ecchi but there was almost no plot behind it. All it was is a group of teenagers slaying hoards of zombies to survive the apocalpyse. Highschool DXD Season 2 was definitely great, just like the first one. Can't wait for the third season.

I've been holding off on Kill la kill because I heard it wasn't as good as Gurren Lagann, but that was back when it was just a few episodes from its release.

SAO definitely looks interesting and is next on my watch list.

Clannad was alright, but Clannad after story was amazing. You're almost guaranteed to cry a few times lol. You'll like it if you liked Angel Beats.

My favorite anime of all time would be Great Teacher Onizuka. Absoultely hillarious and taught some life lessons as well. It's a must watch.

Other top animes for me would be:

Pet girl of Sakarasou

Heaven's Lost Property

Hataroukou Mao Sama

Monogotari Series- not for everyone... my profile pic is of Oshino Shinobu, a bad @#$ vampire loli who's just too cute.

Toradora!

Nisekoi

Haganai

... the list goes on and on. I can't pick favorites :dunno:  (except GTO)   

Edited by RazerZ

GTO real action series were really well done as well btw, you should watch it, if you havent already.

If you want to watch a really funny anime, i have a few:

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Chobits
Silver spoon

And after my small research, i found a particular boss being the star in an anime himself :teehee:

HS of the dead wasn't that great for me. Lots of ecchi but there was almost no plot behind it. All it was is a group of teenagers slaying hoards of zombies to survive the apocalpyse. Highschool DXD Season 2 was definitely great, just like the first one. Can't wait for the third season.

Ok, I guess I'll put that lower on my list than haha. I figured DxD season 2 would be good just haven't gotten there yet

I've been holding off on Kill la kill because I heard it wasn't as good as Gurren Lagann, but that was back when it was just a few episodes from its release.

You've heard correctly, but Gurren Lagann is legendary (it was my favorite anime until FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood) but this has the same epic elements about halfway through where it starts building steam and charges through to the end like GL did.

SAO definitely looks interesting and is next on my watch list.

It's VERY good, I haven't watched the second season yet but I've watched the first twice and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Clannad was alright, but Clannad after story was amazing. You're almost guaranteed to cry a few times lol. You'll like it if you liked Angel Beats.

Should I just watch After Story then? I like animes that can tug at my heartstrings (like Angel Beats and Future Diary)

My favorite anime of all time would be Great Teacher Onizuka. Absoultely hillarious and taught some life lessons as well. It's a must watch.

Other top animes for me would be:

Pet girl of Sakarasou

Heaven's Lost Property

Hataroukou Mao Sama

Monogotari Series- not for everyone... my profile pic is of Oshino Shinobu, a bad @#$ vampire loli who's just too cute.

Toradora!

Nisekoi

Haganai

... the list goes on and on. I can't pick favorites :dunno: (except GTO)

Haha cool, I've heard of GTO but haven't remembered to add to my list (I shall do so now)

@WarWeeny

Yes I have watched the live action series. Loved it. Chobits was reccomended to me by a friend and I plan to watch it when I can. If only I had more free time... I'll add the titles you reccomended to my plan to watch list.

@IVIYTH0S

I'd go ahead and watch Clannad just so you can get the backstory of the characters in CL:AS. If you like anime that can bring you to tears (in a good way), Clannad After Story is definitely the anime for you. The animation style in Clannad might seem a bit creepy at first, but you get used to it. Angel Beats was sad but it wasn't a real tear jerker for me. There were a few moments when I came close though SPOILER ALERT: (such as Yui's obliteration).I did love a lot of music in the anime such as LiSA's opening and the GirlsDeMo songs.

Edited by RazerZ

Just realized some more anime's and some are quite the tear jerkers as well!

Welcome to the NHK (really good story and really fun as well, even though it is also kind of sad)

Ano hana (so sad ;A; )

And anything studio Ghibli related is godlike.

@IVIYTH0S

I'd go ahead and watch Clannad just so you can get the backstory of the characters in CL:AS. If you like anime that can bring you to tears (in a good way), Clannad After Story is definitely the anime for you. The animation style in Clannad might seem a bit creepy at first, but you get used to it. Angel Beats was sad but it wasn't a real tear jerker for me. There were a few moments when I came close though SPOILER ALERT: (such as Yui's obliteration).I did love a lot of music in the anime such as LiSA's opening and the GirlsDeMo songs.

Thanks for the tips, but yeah I think Angel Beats! hit me hard at the end because I didn't see it coming and I'm a romantic.

Just realized some more anime's and some are quite the tear jerkers as well!

Welcome to the NHK (really good story and really fun as well, even though it is also kind of sad)

Ano hana (so sad ;A; )

And anything studio Ghibli related is godlike.

Ano Hana was great but yeah, pretty effin' sad lol

I accidentaly bought the movie for Anohana, instead of the anime series. Haven't watched it yet but it was highly rated on MAL.

Watch the series! I never saw the movie so I don't know if it's a prequel or a sequel to the series but I wouldn't risk it lol