OCC Poll 11/02/2014

Nyt

Ebola Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is the current Ebola epidemic a cause for concern?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are governments doing enough to contain the Ebola outbreak?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you believe we will have an easily accessible cure in the near future ?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Are strict travel restrictions to Ebola-hit countries needed ?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Bonus question for the conspiracy theorists out there, has Ebola been weaponized by the lizard people to start controlling the population numbers so they can take over the world ?

• No
    • Absolutely not.
    • Why is this even a question ?

I answered no to all the questions lol.

It is such a exaggeration, unless the person with ebola coughs in your face, or you lick their sweat, you cannot get it.

Let me summarize, unless you know someone who has ebola, there is almost 0% chance for you to get it. 

why do people keep comparing Aids to Ebola  

of course Aids has kills more people than Ebola it has had 30 years to propagate and can remain undetected for years with no symptoms

seeing as the most common why to contract Aids is through unprotected sex which btw is by choice and an easy fix

Ebola is not so picky.

i am by no means a conspiracy nut and i hope i am wrong 

we are overpopulated as it is consider a thinning of the heard and paving the way for Marshall law 

why do people keep comparing Aids to Ebola  

of course Aids has kills more people than Ebola it has had 30 years to propagate and can remain undetected for years with no symptoms

seeing as the most common why to contract Aids is through unprotected sex which btw is by choice and an easy fix

Ebola is not so picky.

i am by no means a conspiracy nut and i hope i am wrong 

we are overpopulated as it is consider a thinning of the heard and paving the way for Marshall law 

Ebola was first identified in 1976 with its outbreak in the South Sudan, while AIDS wasn't first identified until 1981 (cases were evident back in 1959, but weren't sure on the exact diease). But, Ebola has been pretty much contained in sub-Saharan Africa until this year, while AIDS has been worldwide after it left sub-Saharan Africa. 

Ebola was first identified in 1976 with its outbreak in the South Sudan, while AIDS wasn't first identified until 1981 (cases were evident back in 1959, but weren't sure on the exact diease). But, Ebola has been pretty much contained in sub-Saharan Africa until this year, while AIDS has been worldwide after it left sub-Saharan Africa. 

Africa needs to stop being an A-hole with all these viruses lol

This is annoying.

Here's why:

*snip*

Precisely! And except for some extremely isolated cases elsewhere, it's basically only in those three countries. An epidemic there, to be sure, but doesn't have the massive potential to spread like the 1918 flu pandemic. That wiped out 50-100 million people, so several thousand from this most recent ebola epidemic cannot compare.

Hell, people should be more concerned with the HIV/AIDS pandemic, since something like a quarter of the population in eastern and southern Africa are infected.

As is always the case,.. the government only releases information about Ebola that they feel we the general public need to know,.. back in 1989 I worked in Reston Va, and drove past the Hazleton Medical Lab every day on my way to work,.. I will never forget the day they went into full quarantine,.. road blocks, helicopters flying all over the place and the Army National Guard convoys on all streets,.. it was crazy and not one person that lived/worked in the area knew what the hell was going on,.. just that the road is CLOSED and you need to turn around,..  http://www.infowars.com/flashback-ebola-goes-airborne-causes-outbreak-in-medical-lab/

So the fact is Ebola can mutate and go airborne,.. under the right conditions each and every new infection represents a potential airborne mutation of the disease.

Edited by Braegnok