Official GUNS Thread --

BluePanda

Nice. Speaking of .22s...are you guys able to find ammo easily now? Here it's still hard to find. The few times I go to Walmart it's never in stock. And the facebook page I follow it's always overpriced. People are still hoarding and price gouging it. I refuse to pay .10 per round so I'm just sitting on my small stash of 1600 rounds and not shooting my .22 until I'm able to get ammo again.

I haven't checked in a while because I haven't gone shooting in a while and I have a nice even stash of 1000rds of 22LR so I haven't seen the need to.

Yeah but if you can get a Model 60 which shoots better than a 10/22 and is cheaper why wouldn't ya :P

That being said, for a "rifle-rifle" I'd want a bolt action for maximum power (maybe even 22WMR, but probably 22LR so it's compatible with my pistol as I'm still new and want to experience it all)

I think my next pistol will be .38/.357 revolver with the same mentality, reliability and most out of each round :) . Any recommendations?

The S&W Model 6X series are super reliable, I've owned two different ones - a Model 66 (1990s model) with a 2.5" barrel. That thing was super accurate considering the barrel length, I loved it. I also had a Model 64-3 (1983 model) which was just a .38 but had a longer barrel. Very nice handgun, the original wood grips looked fantastic. My favorite part about those 80s and 90s S&W revolvers is how well they keep their value. They're hard to sell just because people don't buy revolvers as much, but when they do, you always break even or make a profit. I made 300 bucks selling the 64-3.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check those out! Seems like Wesson is the name of the game here for revolvers! Might end being a S&W only man considering my only bought pistol is a S&W :lol:

Hoarders still hording...

Sometimes you will see a good deal on here

http://gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

I switched over to 7.62x54R for a while, was cheaper than 22LR :woot:

Savages are nice, I've never had any problems with my older 10/22 but it is from the 70s. Many MANY bricks of 22lr through it.

Our Marlins work nice but will foul up easier, just a little more picky. But again these are older too long before the acquisition.

Only bolt action I ever bothered with was in 22WMR and 17HMR

There are some 45LC revolvers that will take 45 ACP with moon clips. SW and Taurus I think. One of them will let you use .410 shotgun shells too, though I've heard the pellets spread out so fast like a donut, but you can always use slugs.

Now if one of them could run 45 super or 460 rowland we would be in business. Some do it through a quick swap of the cylinders too

Wow that site is awesome, bookmarking that for sure!

Are you talking about the judge? I love that revolver, I feel like that's a novelty revolver everyone should have!

Didn't see where it said I couldn't do this... but...

FM - there is a Market Place section [WTS, WTB, WTT] in our forum.  There is a Pinned topic at the top that explains the rules for the Market Place.

Your post violated one or more of the requirements for using the Market Place section of the forum.  Accordingly I had to delete the majority of your post.

Please visit here for more information;

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/topic/78711-occ-market-place-forum-rules/

Instead of being vague, Just come out with what rule you thought I broke. The only one remotely on the list is the time/posts, which should be a non issue. My username, for whatever reason, was not recoverable. Even asking for Boscos help months ago. Ended up having to re-register.

There was a point in time where mods would send the person a PM, and give them a heads up.... Is that not the OCC way anymore?

Edited by Fire_Medic

Instead of being vague, Just come out with what rule you thought I broke. The only one remotely on the list is the time/posts, which should be a non issue. My username, for whatever reason, was not recoverable. Even asking for Boscos help months ago. Ended up having to re-register.

There was a point in time where mods would send the person a PM, and give them a heads up.... Is that not the OCC way anymore?

I think the time/post count was the main one based on the rules. I understand about the account and the matter should have been handled with a PM to resolve rather than an open forum post about it. Suspending the post then working out the details on the back end and then approving the post would have been the best course of action in my opinion. At that point the post could have been moved to the for sale section and been fine.

Hey FM.  I apologize.  In hindsight I was rather hasty and should have sent you a PM instead.  I didn't realize that you were a member under a different user name previously.  That wasn't/isn't reflected in the portion of your user profile that I can view.

However, I'm unsure whether or not there are any prohibitions on selling firearms here at OCC.  That's one that either Bosco or one of the Administrators will have to answer.  But please accept my sincere apology.  

Are you talking about the judge? I love that revolver, I feel like that's a novelty revolver everyone should have!

Yeah S&W Governor or Taurus Judge both do multiple 45-cal rounds. Seem pretty neat, I like the idea behind multi-caliber guns. Just dont own any yet. Another I've been eyeballing is the 9mm/357 ruger blackhawk convertible, it can do 38 special too. But 9mm might be too small for accuracy, and I have plenty of pistols in 9 already

recently fixed my vz58, had a bad disconnector spring in the trigger. Broke in half. After maybe two mags at the range. Thanks CAI :wallbash::doh:

i like the look of you stock Coors, would look good on my ar10,....that and a 24" barrel. ive been having a little difficulty finding a 24 inch dpms in my size, but i keep looking...