What do you guys think of this around $700 build?

isaacdevil

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear)

CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling UCACO-AP60301-BUA01 Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($23.99 @ Mwave Australia)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($109.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Memory: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.00 @ PLE Computers)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($189.00 @ Scorptec)

Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Essential 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($79.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($19.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Case Fan: Gelid Solutions FN-PX12-15 58.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($9.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Case Fan: Gelid Solutions FN-PX12-15 58.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($9.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Total: $758.99

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-19 12:01 EST+1100

I'd dump the fans at the very least. If you don't really need the optical drive I'd drop that too (I haven't had one in my rig for over 5 years and don't miss it).

Beyond that I'd drop the CPU cooler unless you're planning on overclocking (and if you are there are better choices). The rest are great choices IMO!

I disagree with Waco on the optical drive. Every so often I use it, but if you have a spare one laying around there is no need to buy one. Likewise, drop that cpu cooler as other are better.

Wouldn't keeping the 2 case fans (I'll probably use one on the rear since the case comes with a good enough fan) cool the cpu by a bit 4 some overclocking or do I need another cpu cooler?

It's that I'm on a $700 budget lol

I disagree with Waco on the optical drive. Every so often I use it, but if you have a spare one laying around there is no need to buy one. Likewise, drop that cpu cooler as other are better.

I knew that, if it weren't 4 disks it'd be real hard 2 install an OS except through a hdd

What I meant by the hdd thing, this pc's a school project which means that u can pretty much game when u get it

(The hdd thing's when u get a hdd out of an old computer and stick in the new one booting on the old hdd I think)

I knew that, if it weren't 4 disks it'd be real hard 2 install an OS except through a hdd

If you have another computer (or access to one) all you need is a 4 GB thumb drive to install the OS. :cheers: