Sign in to follow this  
kennethk

PC Randomly locks up

I'll be using my pc then the thing just randomly locks up but works fine after a reboot, is the cpu bottleknecking? All I've been doing on it was watching videos/listening to music.

I'll be using my pc then the thing just randomly locks up but works fine after a reboot, is the cpu bottleknecking? All I've been doing on it was watching videos/listening to music.

A bottleneck has nothing to do with lock-ups.

If you have any overclocks, go back to default settings and see how it goes.

If the problem persist, i would check if the system is stable by starting with memtest, then prime 95, then msi kombustor (or any other good gpu stress program).

So I've tried pretty much everything and all my hardware issues passed so it's got to be software related? I ran TDDSKiller and it came up with 9 threats

Hmm, that could be it though, maybe you caught some mall-ware that is interfering with your system.

Last resort is a fresh install of windows, or something that can remove those 9 threats effectively.

So it passes a full memtest run (all cores active), prime95 for at least 8 hours, 25 passes of Intel Burn Test on high, etc?

Ah, tell me about those nasty worms. Been fighting them along with my brother a couple years ago.

unnamed-37.png

Edited by StefenHeif

Anything with an error code right around when it crashes.

Does it pass all the tests listed above?