Windows 10 Revealed

InCrYsIs

My opinions on this

1. I am NOT, I repeat NOT upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate, I just got all of my stuff to finally work after changing from XP years ago and I still like to play games from the 2000s, which I am guessing won't work well on 10.

2. Microsoft needs to push that date back another year and call us when they get to fixing at least half of the bugs, BEFORE they release it.

3. It's still got those terrible start menu tiles.

Idk about 10 but my friend was able to run Elder Scrolls Arena just fine in Windows 89\

As terrible as Metro/The Tiles are, as long as classic shell is adapted for Win 10 so I never see them, I shall love it as much as 8.1!

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

I'd have called it Windows 9 personally!  :rolleyes:

I'm due an upgrade so depending on initial reviews I may just try Windows 10.

Windows 8 is good, just needs Classic Shell and to have the true Administrator's account unlocked....

Windows 89? What alternate reality did he pull that off in?

Also, OCC article!

Doh!

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

Ohh Nooo!!! :teehee:

My opinions on this

1. I am NOT, I repeat NOT upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate, I just got all of my stuff to finally work after changing from XP years ago and I still like to play games from the 2000s, which I am guessing won't work well on 10.

2. Microsoft needs to push that date back another year and call us when they get to fixing at least half of the bugs, BEFORE they release it.

Idk about 10 but my friend was able to run Elder Scrolls Arena just fine in Windows 89\ Windows 8 :glare:

As terrible as Metro/The Tiles are, as long as classic shell is adapted for Win 10 so I never see them, I shall love it as much as 8.1!

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

Windows 8 is good, just needs Classic Shell and to have the true Administrator's account unlocked....

The only things that I don't like about Windows 8 are the lack of the start menu and the Metro UI. But you can set your computer to boot right to the desktop and I have adapted to not having a start menu.

My opinions on this

Idk about 10 but my friend was able to run Elder Scrolls Arena just fine in Windows 89\ Windows 8 :glare:

Windows XP - Good

Windows Vista - Bad

Windows 7 - Good

Windows 8 - Bad

Windows 9 - Good

Windows 10 - Bad

The only things that I don't like about Windows 8 are the lack of the start menu and the Metro UI. But you can set your computer to boot right to the desktop and I have adapted to not having a start menu.
Install Classic shell, it will give you the Start Menu, boot to desktop and remove the tiles from ever showing again.

Eh I can live without the start menu.

Ya but the metro search is clunky and not as effective as the classic shell's start menu (where control panel search results are included instead of kept separate)

I loaded Windows 10 on one of my rigs about an hour ago after joining the insider program,.. and it's a painless install the technical preview  is an update and goes over your current OS saving all files, photos and bookmarks etc,.. nice to see the start menu is back so far all my hardware and devices work fine,.. funny windows told me to update my AMD Catalyst drivers to new release 14.9 before AMD.  :lol:

I loaded Windows 10 on one of my rigs about an hour ago after joining the insider program,.. and it's a painless install the technical preview  is an update and goes over your current OS saving all files, photos and bookmarks etc,.. nice to see the start menu is back so far all my hardware and devices work fine,.. funny windows told me to update my AMD Catalyst drivers to new release 14.9 before AMD.  :lol:

What is it like so far? I'm still downloading it and trying to figure out where I am going to install it.

I'm thinking it's going to take awhile to get used to,.. and figure out how to disable most of the bs and apps I don't use to speed up things,.. but so far I like it and I did not like 8 or 8.1,.. this seems simpler and is more for desktop or laptop,.. perhaps Microsoft learned from 8 and 8.1 that they need to test on more than a tablet to have a great OS.

Edit: after you install you will get a unnerving black screen for about 60 sec then system will reboot and then you get "Hi" and windows loads apps, drives and then you will get an e-mail thanking you,.. click on before install tab info,.. and you will have iso downloads of both 32-bit and 64-bit with COA so you can burn disk for clean install later.

Edited by Braegnok