Windows 10 Revealed

InCrYsIs

Well it is a Technical Preview, which means things are still in the testing and development stage. Bugs are going to be discovered and worked out, design elements are going to be different, and just about everything can change because Microsoft is seeing what works and what respond well to.

Also, this in the Privacy Statement about the Technical Preview:

When you acquire, install and use the Program, Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. For example, when you:

• install the Program, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility,

• use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing,

• open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes any use it for purposes such as improving performance, or

• enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features.

Well it is a Technical Preview, which means things are still in the testing and development stage. Bugs are going to be discovered and worked out, design elements are going to be different, and just about everything can change because Microsoft is seeing what works and what respond well to.

When you acquire, install and use the Program, Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. For example, when you:

• install the Program, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility,

• use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing,

• open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes any use it for purposes such as improving performance, or

• enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features.

Chances are these things are being done without your knowledge right this second without Windows 10.  At least they are nice enough to tell you.

• Like 1

Chances are these things are being done without your knowledge right this second without Windows 10.  At least they are nice enough to tell you.

Lol so true, but I'll ignorantly feel more secure on 8.1 :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

Windows rolled out Build 9860 today,.. it's the first update from Build 9841,.. to download the new preview just click on pc settings then update recovery then preview builds.

The new preview has over 7000 updates,.. and is apx 2 GB.

Edit : Caution before installing this update enable system restore and create a restore point,.. Build 9860 update does not work yet on the Enterprise version,.. but installs on the Pro preview with a few interesting glitches,.. :wacko:

Edited by Braegnok

• 2 weeks later...

I use 8 since the preview. I recently signed for the Technical Preview. Let me tell you that works just fine on an old Thinkpad X60s (x32 version on the old hdd). I have to admit that after the major update to 9860 build they still haven't solve the wifi connection problem. In the taskbar properties you can revert the Start screen, so the Metro UI is still there. On another laptop, Toshiba Satellite L300 with an SSD, I had some troubles installing it. It was a corrupt iso perhaps or the windows usb tools didn't work properly. I used Rufus to install instead. Same thing. Runs great. With the 8.1 wich I use now, I never had issues. Simple tweaks for the ssd, simple tweaks for programs to run and no extra clean tools. Just manually deleting temp files. Probably 10 will be a more stable os. And that's from a linux user.

• 1 month later...

Microsoft is a genius.

Windows 8 - Removes Start Menu. Everyone gets angry, refuses to buy.

Windows 10 - New feature is a Start Menu. Everyone gets happy and upgrades from Windows 7 and 8.

Windows 11? Three Start Menus, and a Candy Crush screen saver.

Would be nice to have an interactive Candy Crush wallpaper while we do out tasks you know .. moving pieces and just.. ROFL.

I agree with other who mentioned, what about W9????? I'd stick to 7 for now. Amazing!

• 1 month later...