Motherboard Cooling

NoSnipeLimit

I've posted before that i'm about to cool every chip and mosfet and what ever is warm on my motherboard. Lots of ppl showed interest and so i decided to take pictures of how it looks...

What this actually did... By cooling the mosfets my voltages are as stable as can come. You can hardly see the voltage chance ever. So it stablized the voltages which is a good thing if you want exact overclocking. Also helps with the system if the system is used voltages tend to get higher cause the drainage is higher.

Cooling the ram/agp/etc chipsets. This i'm not sure if it helped yet as i can't overclock my ram/agp seperate from my cpu. I'll be getting a better cpu soon so i'll update this again if that worked.

All and all i think it is worth it to cool your motherboard. Like they say the cooler the better. I also have a good airflow running through my pc so keep that in mind also... Without airflow you'll only be making your case warmer... Because these heatsinks will give off heat and that will be stuck inside your case. So do note you should have atleast 1 fan getting air in (except for powersupply) and 1 fan blowing air out.

Now the pics... DSCI0020a.JPG

DSCI0021a.JPG

So there is one pic of my system closed...

And one with the heatsinks on. Those aren't professional heatsinks... Just random heatsink put to use.

In all 16 heatsinks on the motherboard. Also my grafixcard is nicely heatsinked aswell :)

I put mosfet heatsinks on as well....

used a Pentium I heatsink and fan for NB and move the NB to the Southbridge (thermalright is expected to release a NB sink in a month or so....!)

moving everything to my new case (Seen Here!) this weekend...

Ill get some pics of the mosfet cooling then....

Thermal take has launched a northbridge and southbridge cooler. The A1919 if i remember correctly. My friend bought one. The package includes a miniture version of the cpu cooler that looks something like this.

OOOOO

O\\\\\\\\O

O\\\O\\\O

O\\\\\\\\O

OOOOOO

######

######

######

######

Those round round fans... Also get 2 heatsinks to put on your southbridge. This friend has also modded his mobo like i have. I'll tell him to post pics aswell.

Ok, those images are a bit old... So i'll post my new ones i took just now...

http://www.imedia.za.net/picz/DSCI0005a.JPG

check it out... i'm not posting it cause it's a large picture and i'm lazy :P This is just a extra van i mounted on my grafixcards to cool down the mosfets' heatsinks... Even with the mosfet sinks on they still get untouchable hot. So with the fan in place, it was noticably colder. I could touch it for a few seconds... No voltage chances ever... even if you give the cpu some hard work to do.

:withstupid: ya.. that will put alot of stress on your fans.. and that will lessin the life of them and decline the cooling potential... if you have nice smooth motion.. were intake and exaust are ballances, you will get the bets results. just flip a fan or to around ... that is all :D

Nope, no air press problems... If you look closely you'll see that the 2 on the side takes air into the case, the fan on the outside of the pc, at back, also blows air into the case. The fan at top of the pc blows all the hot air out. So the only problem that could form is if you close the top fan shuttle. But it's always open so no problem with air.

Just to add to the type of sinks to use: When you want best performance use coper, but then you'll really need a very good airflow. Remeber copper might get the heat faster, but letting it go is another thing. Whilst aluminum gets the heat bit slower than copper it lets it go easier.

That only chip you can see at the pc's next to my bios is the winbond chip. No need in cooling that.