Need printer guru

kyfire

Got a HP Laserjet Professional M1217nfw MFP all in one. It's been sitting a few months unplugged out of toner. Got a new HP toner cartridge today and installed it. Plugged it in, turned it on and the scren show "initializing" . Well here we are 4 hours later and still "initalizing".  Dang thing worked fine before.

Any thoughts, ideas suggestions?

Turn off pull out toner and then put it back and make sure any bits of plastic the need to be ripped off are ripped off. Just gotta try again either something made it hang up or it just gave up for no reason at all. All you can really do is just keep trying I doubt there is anything wrong if it was fine when you last used it.

Hey Kyfire,

1. Power down the printer.

2.Press and hold the 'Cancel' button along with 'Right Arrow' button.  While you are pressing both the 'Cancel' and 'Right Arrow' buttons simultaneously, press and hold the power button until you see 'Permanent Storage Init.' on the screen.

That should solve the problem.  If not let me know.

Source:  Ozark Electronics Repair, Inc. FS provider for HP Printers (past)  :)

Hey Kyfire,

1. Power down the printer.

2.Press and hold the 'Cancel' button along with 'Right Arrow' button.  While you are pressing both the 'Cancel' and 'Right Arrow' buttons simultaneously, press and hold the power button until you see 'Permanent Storage Init.' on the screen.

That should solve the problem.  If not let me know.

Source:  Ozark Electronics Repair, Inc. FS provider for HP Printers (past)  :)

Thanks Wev...that seems to have fixed it.