PSU gone POP!

Was just playing a game and my power shut off on my pc, PSU seems to be dead :vmad:

I'm in despeate need for a new one and was going to run out and get one from my local pc store but the only have a Corsair CX 750W in stock for

The 750W Corsair is more than enough for your rig.  The CX is the low end offering from Corsair, so there are higher quality options out there in the same price range if you can wait.  But if you can't there isn't anything wrong with the unit you can buy locally.

Cheers mate, just been doing a bit of research on it and have seen a few people with similar specs to me with that PSU.

Found the CX750M version on sale from near where I work so I'm just going to pick that up tomorrow. 

A lot of the power supply "elitist" over at another forum really dog Corsair power supplies in general, but especially the CX line.  I've used a lot of Corsair power supplies in my time and not a one of them has ever given me trouble.

I have used a CX600 and a and TX650 to great success. They have been running flawlessly for 4 and 3 years and I have no reason to think they will stop running well any time soon. 

Why not get a 600W or something that's a better unit? 750W is excessive for your system, are you planning SLI in the future?

Since when is a Corsair a bad power supply?