Backup problem in Win7 64bit

Cespenar

Ces, if it was me I would just make a backup up of the c drive only to your ex drive, that would be your os, drivers , etc. Then I would just transfer the data from c and d to a folder on the ex drive so you could add after the os was installed, this way if you ever get a smaller ssd, say 120 gb, you would be able to load your os to it as the size would not be huge. As I mentioned above Macrium Reflect is free and easy to work with. Just my 2 cents worth, others ma have a different idea. Good luck. :D

Ces, if it was me I would just make a backup up of the c drive only to your ex drive, that would be your os, drivers , etc. Then I would just transfer the data from c and d to a folder on the ex drive so you could add after the os was installed, this way if you ever get a smaller ssd, say 120 gb, you would be able to load your os to it as the size would not be huge. As I mentioned above Macrium Reflect is free and easy to work with. Just my 2 cents worth, others ma have a different idea. Good luck. :D

System images clone full drives, not partitions (at least in most software I've seen).

Yes. The image must have been done. It is not bootable. And the finished product is very big.

I think I have a problem or two with the settings in Win7. Click on backup and you get what I got. Click on settings and it starts a new backup.

Spike, I googled Macrium Reflect and it was touted as costing 42 dollars. Is there a different site that has a free version?

If all you have on your ext drive is the previous backups you could format it, or you could just delete the old bu's and do a new one with this, it should be much smaller than what you have now.