OCC Instagram?

Black64

So I was curious if anyone here has been on instagram lately? I thought it might be cool if there was even an official OCC instagram, it would would be awesome for new reviews, advertising for OCC and showing off new gear and maybe even a coolest rig contest once every month or so? :woot:  I personally, am not a fan of social networking, but I found instagram to be quite neat with connecting with people and following brands/companies/stuff I like. I am on instagram at least once a day now, even if it's just for a minute or two. Just a thought, wondering if anyone else thought the same?

So I was curious if anyone here has been on instagram lately? I thought it might be cool if there was even an official OCC instagram, it would would be awesome for new reviews, advertising for OCC and showing off new gear and maybe even a coolest rig contest once every month or so? :woot: I personally, am not a fan of social networking, but I found instagram to be quite neat with connecting with people and following brands/companies/stuff I like. I am on instagram at least once a day now, even if it's just for a minute or two. Just a thought, wondering if anyone else thought the same?

Dave is having a coffee #toohot #lovelycoffee #occbosscup #picoftheday #dave #toocool :lol:

add it to the bucket list of things to do. what needs to happen for the soical media thing to work is someone needs to be hired to handle, youtube, facebook, google+ twitter and instagram. it's the only way it will ever happen i think

An Instagram OCC account would be rather difficult since staff are strewn all over the world. Having a social media coordinator wouldn't really solve that; you'd basically have to give every staff member access so they can upload images on their own. It's not like a regular company where you have an office with everyone in it, so someone can take/post all the photos.

Another issue is that (as hard as it might be to believe) not everyone has a smart phone. 

indeed, i have a samsung gravity, the first one, and still have my nokia 6010 in case this one craps out,

i will not switch to a smart phone until the battery life catches back up, i charge my phone twice a month

add it to the bucket list of things to do. what needs to happen for the soical media thing to work is someone needs to be hired to handle, youtube, facebook, google+ twitter and instagram. it's the only way it will ever happen i think

An Instagram OCC account would be rather difficult since staff are strewn all over the world. Having a social media coordinator wouldn't really solve that; you'd basically have to give every staff member access so they can upload images on their own. It's not like a regular company where you have an office with everyone in it, so someone can take/post all the photos.

It was just an idea to maybe help liven the forums back up. It used to be really fun here back in 2011-12. I would volunteer to start the instagram account using pictures from OCC, if OCC would allow me to do so. (I know the answer is gonna be no thou)

Thanks to everyone that posted. :thx: