Meet the $300 Pinwheel; the segway replacement

kennethk

I think I would break my everything. Whats so hard about a bicycle?

That's obviously not the point, the point of it is to make you lazier not more active. :D

I disagree, this thing looks like it would take some serious effort to use. 

Also the price, that is the bulk price for retailers. I expect that the retailer isn't going to sell these things at cost. 

That's obviously not the point, the point of it is to make you lazier not more active. :D

Also the price, that is the bulk price for retailers. I expect that the retailer isn't going to sell these things at cost. 

I wonder if 10 people could order a group buy though?

The link says bulk price is for 100 units. 

Oh you're right, I thought he said 10. Still....bigger group buy under false company name :P

Oh you're right, I thought he said 10. Still....bigger group buy under false company name :P

I am guess the group you mean would need a centralized intermediary. Don't forget shipping (twice, once to recieve the order and again to distribute it). Plus with no retailer you have only company support if something breaks. Sorry to be a downer, this thing will cost more than $300 and it wont be as practical than a folding bicycle. 

I am guess the group you mean would need a centralized intermediary. Don't forget shipping (twice, once to recieve the order and again to distribute it). Plus with no retailer you have only company support if something breaks. Sorry to be a downer, this thing will cost more than $300 and it wont be as practical than a folding bicycle. 

Yeah I know, one good bump and you're gonna be pretty screwed up lol

• Like 1

Yeah I know, one good bump and you're gonna be pretty screwed up lol

There is a girl in Bemidji MN where I live who absolutely hauls ass around town on a 36" commuters unicycle. It looks terrifying but I would be willing to bet that one large wheel completely powered by your body is far easier to ride quickly than a powered unicycle with a tiny wheel.