Euro's First Bake - Pavilion DV9000 (Help?)

I have finally taken the DV9000 to pieces with the blank display problem and am ready to bake it (I have read a lot about baking DV9000s with GPU issues).

Just to ask before I do bake (based on @IVIYTH0S ' previous experiences) is there anything I should remove from the motherboard aside from the battery and the black adhesive stickers (e.g. CPU, any of the plastic sockets etc.)?

Pictures in case you see something I didn't:

post-87281-0-90887700-1401977954_thumb.jpg

post-87281-0-68726500-1401977980_thumb.jpg

Cheers,
Euro

It too bad you can't get a heat gun to try and do it that way, seems much safer , did you check out the vids on putting copper shims or a penny to build up the video chip heatsink ? Being you have it all apart would be a good time to check them out. I hope you have better luck than I did on this same mb, didn't work and I ended out parting out the good stuff. Good luck , hope it work out for you. :thumbsup:

It too bad you can't get a heat gun to try and do it that way, seems much safer , did you check out the vids on putting copper shims or a penny to build up the video chip heatsink ? Being you have it all apart would be a good time to check them out. I hope you have better luck than I did on this same mb, didn't work and I ended out parting out the good stuff. Good luck , hope it work out for you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply, I haven't checked those videos out, I don't know if you have any links? I'll probably do the bake later today, maybe in about half an hour or so :D

i used a heat gun on my dv9700 , went around the gpu in a circular motion for about 5 mins or so . i used a foil tray on mine which i cut out a hole the same size as the gpu chip to shield nearby components from the heat. 2 years on and mine is still going strong :)