10 years!

suchuwato

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't found a better forum yet, OCC is the only one I know of that isn't full of complete idiots. There may be smart ones but most of the time I ask a question on a forum, I get either a completely wrong response (finding out later) or a asshole saying I should know better.

This is why OCC rocks and people have been here for 10+ years.

+1 I'm a member of a few other forums and sadly most of the others are filled with young smart mouthed punks, fanbois, and just plain idiots.

OCC it the best of the best in my mind!

I haven't found a better forum yet, OCC is the only one I know of that isn't full of complete idiots. There may be smart ones but most of the time I ask a question on a forum, I get either a completely wrong response (finding out later) or a asshole saying I should know better.

We're only partial idiots. :teehee:

I can't stand doing a google search on a topic and then having it lead me to a forum full of assholes saying to use the search feature. Instead of saying that AND linking to a thread with the answer, they make it more difficult for those of us that actually search. 

Edited by Onion

I haven't found a better forum yet, OCC is the only one I know of that isn't full of complete idiots.

Same reason I am still here.

The site has slowed down a lot when it comes to the forums. But I will say one thing, pretty much most of the loyal people always come back even years later.

A solid 4 years have gone by, although i came here in 2008, but never bothered to make an account back then.

And not to mention, i already passed the half year period on me joining the staff D:

Time flies when you are having fun. 

Suchapotato, do I remember right that your original screen name was utes8 or something like that?

Edited by Phil

The site has slowed down a lot when it comes to the forums. But I will say one thing, pretty much most of the loyal people always come back even years later.

The forums slowed down because we are just so good at giving answers all anyone has to do is look a few thread back :)

I think we should have some contest hunts for prizes! make people look!

The forums slowed down because we are just so good at giving answers all anyone has to do is look a few thread back :)

I think we should have some contest hunts for prizes! make people look!

I have been thinking of doing something like that. I just need a couple of good prizes to make it worth your guys effort. I will see what I can do

Suchapotato, do I remember right that your original screen name was utes8 or something like that?

Yeah, I think so - had forgotten about that :)

I think the slowdown may be a natural consequence of the current tech landscape (I don't know if this has been discussed much here before)

I certainly haven't felt the need to do any 'real' overclocking or tuning for a while - my computer feels plenty fast enough at stock - especially since on the rare occasion I play a videogame it's on a console. The OverDrive feature on my graphics card works great, and the limiting factor is really the cooling. The other day I was colour grading a 45min film of mixed 4K and 5K RAW footage and monitoring it in 2K in realtime; on a 3-4 year old machine ;) I don't have a fileserver at home anymore - I use Amazon services and big internal and external disks - or any other computers apart from my main desktop (I got rid of all of them recently...)

All my friends who I used to build computers for now have iPads and smart TVs and MacBooks, so nothing doing there.

It was awesome back in the day when you could have a cutting-edge machine and tweak the hell out of it and see/feel results. Now it seems to me to be prohibitively expensive with diminishing returns - don't get me wrong I'd love a box that could crunch faster, but I don't need it, and you've got to be pretty dedicated to stats and benchmarks to sink a few thousand into a machine.

Also with all the enthusiast products out there now, it's not really so cool or underground and exciting anymore... but maybe I'm just a stupid hipster doofus  :closedeyes:

Time flies when you are having fun. 

It sure does!

Edited by suchuwato