Shield vs PSvita 2000

kennethk

After I get my phone sold for a G2 would you recommend getting a Vita 2000 or a shield? Yes yes let's please not get into an argument about how crappy the new vitas screen is that's not the point here. Please respect the fact that I know flaws in both systems, theres no need for you to point them out.

If you had to chose which would you get? Since I'm getting a LG G2 I don't really see the point in me getting a Shield?

Or recommend a gaming system that I may not know about for under 200.

Edited by kennethk

I'm probably one of the few people here that own both.

You can read my "official comparison" here: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_shield/8.htm , keeping in mind that was prior to some big updates for the SHIELD.

I personally prefer my Vita because you get substantially better games and like HBC said, a PS+ sub means lots of "freebies" every month. My backlog isn't quite as bad as my Steam backlog, but it's certainly way too large. For those that think the Vita has no games, they obviously haven't looked very hard. I guess it really depends on what games you like to play, but Vita has a pretty nice variety.

There are two advantages the SHIELD has over the Vita: Emulators and PC Game Streaming. If you don't care about either of those, then the Vita is the clear choice. Even if those two things do appeal to you, it's a question of how much you'd use them. Vita can play most PSP and PS1 games, so take that out of the emulation equation - how much do you really want to play NES, Gameboy, Sega, etc.? PC Game Streaming is nice, but I personally haven't tried it out of the house (they added that in this month's update), and doing it inside the house seems pointless - unlike PS4-to-Vita Remote Play, where you can watch TV while doing it, when Game Streaming from your PC, everything is mirrored from your PC to the SHIELD.

So my choice: Go with Vita, especially if you've been stacking up on PS+ IGC all this time.