Sign in to follow this  
gebraset

VPN Service?

I think this might have called for a new topic instead, lol. I'm surprised at the way the thread went though, because you could have just purchased a VPS for like $5 and used it for that along with whatever else you might want. It's like back when I had my own Minecraft server, it was way cheaper to just have one hosted that way than actually renting one for 4x the price or more, and I was hosting like a 100 slot teamspeak server on it too.

Edited by Locutus

Thanks Waco, that's what I was leaning towards, lol.

And Locutus, a new thread may have been needed. :P But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. In the end, it could have been cheaper and a heck of a lot easier to go the route of purchasing something from a provider. However, it only seems this way based on VPN prices and not VPS prices (cheapest VPS I'm seeing is $10 per month). Either way, I'm good to go through my home router now, but just wanted to ping the community's opinion on if a VPN is actually needed at home. It just seems like people are pushing it for the sake of having it, rather than tangible benefits.

I use Express VPN.  12.95 a month but very fast. Also has a phone app.  Love the service and never have a problem or a phone call/email from service provider.