Windows BSOD

usama7

Well the ambient is around 35 here as well these days and yes I have a air conditioned room for my pc. The temps were always on the high end for me from day 1. My average gaming temps were around 75 with all that fan setup and the ambient at around 16 during winters in january. They did go down however when I changed the TIM but I think the core was already faulty to start with.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no question that your card was running hotter under load than cards used for review samples here at OCC and elsewhere.  The OCC review of the card reported max load temperatures of 75C and I've seen other reviews report max load temperatures hovering around 70C.

Since you didn't void any of the warranty stickers, you should be safe to RMA the card and hope that the RMA tech doesn't decide to disassemble the cooling assembly and find out that it has non-OEM thermal grease on it.  Some mfgs. won't make a big deal about changing out the TIM - but I'm not sure how PC deals with those situations.

On the PC site they say that any physical modification to the card voids the warranty like trying to install after-market cooling solutions. So I think I will be fine in that manner and the RMA will be processed normally. The TIM that was originally used seemed to be of the conductive sort so I think that was the problem. It seemed to be silver based and I think that shorted out the core somehow.