Best fully modular 700-750 watts PSU

I never used the word "outdated".  I specifically used the word "dated" and I chose that word because the article was originally published in January, 2013.

So there have been all kinds of power supplies released since the time that article was originally written.

If you have not noticed every time there is a new model or a new review the OP in those threads gets updated. So yes they might have been made in January 2013 but i try as hard as i can to keep them up to date so out of date they are not

Off course i might have missed something here and there i cant be everywhere all at once.

I dont see the point to make post in a thread or even a whole new thread when all i have to do is update the OP in the thread thats already there

Edited by shilka

It's a good review.  I'm surprised to see EVGA at the top and the bottom of the list, without a good comparison like this I don't know how anybody would know which one to buy and which one to avoid, so thanks.  

While i might not be JohnnyGuru or Oklahoma Wolf i know quite alot as well so just becasue you dont know me on this site does not mean i dont know what i am talking about

I'm just going to avoid this thread. It seems people know your from other forums and the word on the street says you know what you're talking about. It's just your list is complied from Techpowerup which I just don't trust as PSU reviewers other than time killers.

Your second list is great and has tons of links! so thanks for the info!

Shilka, so you're the author of the OEM listing that appeared in the Tom's Hardware Guide that I linked to in my earlier post?  I've never linked or referred to anything that you've posted at "another" forum.  In fact I do my darned best never to redirect between OCC and any other forum unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

I figure if people want to go hang out at another forum then they can do all the reading over there on their own.  No sense in me redirecting and driving viewership away from OCC.

Shilka, so you're the author of the OEM listing that appeared in the Tom's Hardware Guide that I linked to in my earlier post?  I've never linked or referred to anything that you've posted at "another" forum.  In fact I do my darned best never to redirect between OCC and any other forum unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

I figure if people want to go hang out at another forum then they can do all the reading over there on their own.  No sense in me redirecting and driving viewership away from OCC.

As far as i know i dont have anything to do with that article on tomshardware. If it was not such a major job of reworking the entire

code i would do that and post the entire thread here

I'm just going to avoid this thread. It seems people know your from other forums and the word on the street says you know what you're talking about. It's just your list is complied from Techpowerup which I just don't trust as PSU reviewers other than time killers.

Your second list is great and has tons of links! so thanks for the info!

Why? as far as i have seen TechPowerUp gets pretty much the same results as JG. So if that is case why should they be a bad review site?

Edited by shilka

Shilka, we appreciate the information that you've provided on power supplies and we appreciate having another power supply pro stopping by and joining us on OCC.  

Been a member since 2010 but forgot i was

Thanks for the links shilka, will definitely give them a read.

Just for those wondering, ripple suppression dictates longevity of PSU's and the ability to have higher stable overclocks. Higher-end motherboards and graphics cards with good VRM's are okay with having lower-end PSU's because they'll have more phases to filter and adjust the higher ripple frequency to meet its power needs.

It would be nice to see PSU reviews handling overclocks in a system to see if higher overclocks can be managed with better ripple suppression, and vice versa (if lower quality ripple suppression has trouble with overclocking).

Thanks for the links shilka, will definitely give them a read.

Just for those wondering, ripple suppression dictates longevity of PSU's and the ability to have higher stable overclocks. Higher-end motherboards and graphics cards with good VRM's are okay with having lower-end PSU's because they'll have more phases to filter and adjust the higher ripple frequency to meet its power needs.

It would be nice to see PSU reviews handling overclocks in a system to see if higher overclocks can be managed with better ripple suppression, and vice versa (if lower quality ripple suppression has trouble with overclocking).

Voltage regulation is just as important as ripple, a PSU with bad voltage regulation like the EVGA SuperNova NEX750G is almost as bad a PSU with high ripple the system wont run as stable then if voltage regulation was tighter. I think that 1,5% or better is a must for a good PSU, 2% is not that bad but not great 2,5% or higher is not really good and above 3% is not what anyone wants

Edited by shilka