Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (Fall 2014)

ClayMeow

Both of these guys give me the impression they are not excited about the game and that worries me. If they where excited I would be as well. The guy on the left, when not speaking looks like he would love to NOT be there at all.

Both of these guys give me the impression they are not excited about the game and that worries me. If they where excited I would be as well. The guy on the left, when not speaking looks like he would love to NOT be there at all.

As someone who watches a lot of "dev diaries" for various games, I don't think that's really a fair assessment. Their job isn't to get you excited, it's to describe the gameplay mechanics, and doing so without PR fluff is a much better approach, IMO.

I will say though that I don't think these two guys are entirely comfortable in front of a camera; they don't really know what to do when the other guy is speaking. If this was just them speaking over the video without us seeing them, I don't think you'd feel the same.

As for the game, it certainly has some striking, vibrant visuals. Also, that "skill tree" ... :woot:

As someone who watches a lot of "dev diaries" for various games, I don't think that's really a fair assessment. Their job isn't to get you excited, it's to describe the gameplay mechanics, and doing so without PR fluff is a much better approach, IMO.

We will agree to disagree. For me when the devs are excited about their product it shows me the passion they have and passion is what separates someone that is good at their job from someone that is great at their job. Plus lets be honest if the Dev does not love the game enough to have some passion for it, why would ANYONE

I think it's what Andrew said, where they are interviewing two guys who probably aren't in front of a camera very often. Could be nerves.

All things aside, the look of Beyond Earth is something I greatly like. I want to see even more, because its release date isn't coming fast enough. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I dunno about this game. I was a huge fan of Civ 3, had tons of fun playing it. graphics were perfect for a turn based game, tough to play, and engaging gameplay. I play quite a bit of Civ 4 when it came out, but was disappointed by the lack of scale and just how easy it was to play. Never even touched Civ 5. So I am unsure about this one.

• 8 months later...