XSPC Has Lost My Business, FCPU Is Taking Care of Me

Haven't seen many places that don't have pretty much the same policy. I know that the one and only time I had an issue with FCPU I called them, and they took care of me. I was sent the wrong part, instead of sending it back, they told me to keep it and they sent me the right one. It was only a $12 part but they did good by me.

• Like 1

I called FCPU and they asked me to take pictures and send them an email. As of now I will be changing my thread to one a little more neutral to FCPU.

FCPU said they will contact XSPC and see if there is anything they know about this or if they can get something worked out. Honestly, I do not have time to wait weeks while this gets sorted out just because XSPC false advertises. I already ordered the EK block and backplate from Performance-PCS, so I either get a refund/credit from FCPU or I have a new 780/Titan block to sell.

How was it a mistake? It clearly isn't designed for 780ti video cards and apparently it's been a known issue that XSPC won't do anything about...

Please explain how it is not a mistake. It was just listed wrong.

Why do you think XSPC knows and won't do anything?

While I do think the testing was inadequate and possibly lazy, there is no malice here at all. XSPC does not stand to profit from this. I'm betting they jump to the assumption the block works on all GK110 cards, because they are all similar.

How was it a mistake? It clearly isn't designed for 780ti video cards and apparently it's been a known issue that XSPC won't do anything about...

Please explain how it is not a mistake. It was just listed wrong.

Why do you think XSPC knows and won't do anything?

I meant known to other water cooling modders. And that's a long ass time to be listed wrong, anyone can look at the block and the card and see that it will not work. If XSPC would actually show pictures of the contact side with the acrylic cover attached, then I never would have bought it. All they show are the actual block or the topside of the cover...

You guys are constantly putting words in my mouth, please stop. If you don't have a problem with XSPC, that's fine. But don't criticize me because I have an issue.

*edit* Also, I never once said XSPC did this one purpose, but anyone can see that the block does not work with the cards. And if it never occurred to them before now then that's not a mistake, that's just straight up negligence.

Edited by TraptPatriot

I agree with TP, if you read from the start of the tread he wasn't so peeved off about being shipped the wrong part as he was having to pay shipping twice and also pay a restocking fee of 20% because of the company's pure negligence.

I agree with TP, if you read from the start of the tread he wasn't so peeved off about being shipped the wrong part as he was having to pay shipping twice and also pay a restocking fee of 20% because of the company's pure negligence.

Well, sort of. I admitted I spoke too soon about FCPU and their policies, I am still waiting for word back from them regarding the issue. It could either work out or it won't. But my gripe with XSPC is based one about them listing the blocks as compatible when they are not. Unless there was a revision and I somehow received one only meant for a Titan/780, I don't see how this could be anything other than false advertising. Believe me, I wish/hope I was wrong, but the facts are I have a block that lists my card as compatible when it obviously is not.

I can understand the frustration with XSPC for sure, but I wouldn't blame FCPU if it were me since they are just selling a product that XSPC tells them is compatible with your card. I couldn't expect them to verify the fitment of everything they sell since for the most part they are one the biggest n the business and sell tons of stuff. FCPU is a very good company and very willing to work through just about any issues that ever arise and if anything the only thing I would ding them for is their shipping prices since I am about 45 minutes away lol.