Choosing one of the GTX 660 graphic cards

THREAT

Hi guys

I'm having a hard time to choose one of the GTX 660 cards.

I'm inclined to choose one of these: 

MSI GeForce GTX 660 (N660 Gaming 2GD5/OC)
and
Asus GeForce GTX 660 (GTX660-DC2-2GD5)

I know there's also a Gigabyte one but I think this two are better, right?

I saw here in the reviews that the MSI is cooler, but the Asus is a little bit faster.

I know that my PC isn't good enough to take full advantage of this graphics card but I have intentions of getting some new parts (CPU, RAM and motherboard) soon.

I don't care about the faster one what I care about most is the durability of the card. It has to last the maximum time possible.

And sorry for my bad English xD

Thanks

Edited by THREAT

Out of the two your mentioned, I would definitely go with the ASUS. Personally I'm an EVGA kind of guy though, their customer service has always treated me well. That is always something to take into account when buying a video card.

Out of the two your mentioned, I would definitely go with the ASUS. Personally I'm an EVGA kind of guy though, their customer service has always treated me well. That is always something to take into account when buying a video card.

The ASUS and the MSI cost about 175

Edited by THREAT

Honestly, any name brand card you buy is easily going to last 4-5 years if you don't abuse it, keep the cooling solution clean and don't overclock or overvolt the snot out of it.

As for performance differences, if you adjust the gpu and memory clocks on any one of those cards to equal the same clocks as the others, then performance differential is going to be almost nil.  

Really it is going to come down to customer support after the sale.  Some people claim they get the best support from Asus, others will say MSI, others will say Gigabyte, others will say eVGA and so on.  A lot of that has to do with personal experience and brand loyalty.

Of course read reviews, and also consider the cooling solution (how well it cools and noise level).

The ASUS sounds like the best choice if all else is equal, since it has the longer warranty.

That's what I thought. But then I saw in a review that the MSI is always about 5 degrees Celsius cooler than the others. Since it's more cooler, it should last long then the others, right?

Honestly, any name brand card you buy is easily going to last 4-5 years if you don't abuse it, keep the cooling solution clean and don't overclock or overvolt the snot out of it.

As for performance differences, if you adjust the gpu and memory clocks on any one of those cards to equal the same clocks as the others, then performance differential is going to be almost nil.  

Really it is going to come down to customer support after the sale.  Some people claim they get the best support from Asus, others will say MSI, others will say Gigabyte, others will say eVGA and so on.  A lot of that has to do with personal experience and brand loyalty.

Of course read reviews, and also consider the cooling solution (how well it cools and noise level).

Yes but the quality of the components also count right? Jesus I really don't know what to do xD

Edited by THREAT

Sure the quality of the components matter.  But you aren't going to find any of the big guys; MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, XFX, eVGA etc. skimping on the primary components.  They still have to meet or exceed nVidia's design specifications and quality requirements.

nVidia isn't going to continually license a 3pp that constantly puts out crappy cards.

Since you're having such a hard time making a decision, why not put up a poll and then choose the card that the majority of OCC members vote on?

Sure the quality of the components matter.  But you aren't going to find any of the big guys; MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, XFX, eVGA etc. skimping on the primary components.  They still have to meet or exceed nVidia's design specifications and quality requirements.

nVidia isn't going to continually license a 3pp that constantly puts out crappy cards.

I understand.

So maybe I should choose MSI. Since it's cooler. It must last a little longer then the others, right?

I wouldn't necessarily pick the MSI card just because it runs cooler.  However since its Kepler architecture, a cooler running card can help eliminate throttling once the video card really starts working.

Remember that Kepler is completely different than anything that came before.  You've got boost clock, operating temperature and even tdp that come into the equation when determining the overall "performance" of the card.