So Facebook has bought Oculus Rift....

WarWeeny

Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this, if not, please move it to the correct space :P

Sause: http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-to-buy-oculus-rift-for-2-billion-2014-3

Now that Facebook has bought Oculus Rift, i have absolutely no interest anymore in the device.

Anyone else with me, or are there people who like to play candy crush saga on their Oculus? xD

I have less than zero interest now. Sellouts doesn't even begin to describe the people that Kickstarter propped up.

I can understand why they did accept the offer though, we are talking about a whopping 2 BILLION dollars here.

Hard to let the feelings of the investors go first, when you get offered a price like that.

Money can do strange things to people.

Don't know how to take this really. I can understand why they would sell it for that price, just not sure why FB would want it.

To drop ads right into your face  :lol:

Don't know how to take this really. I can understand why they would sell it for that price, just not sure why FB would want it.

To get the world "more open and connected," of course. You know, like how open everything is once Facebook buys it and fully integrates it.

I really don't like Facebook as a company. I have no clue what they are trying to do (presumably to try to expand their market) but somehow I can't see Facebook gamers shelling out hundreds of dollars to play FarmVille or Candy Crush in 3D :lol:

The key here will be what Facebook does with the company. If they are basically doing this to beef their portfolio but will keep hands off then this is a good thing as Oculus would now have access to some major cash backing. If however Facebook tries to control the development then this will likely lead to a real mess considering Facebook does not have a lot of team in this area of PC usage.

Does this mean the kickstarters are going to be paid back?  I would be extremely mad if I was a kickstarter for this project.

I highly doubt they get their money back.

They did get this far because of the kick starter fund...