Ready to buy a new power supply

Oh nice, so members there told you what you needed to replace and where to get it all??

That'd be my problem, I probably wouldn't know what is causing my issue whenever it arises (unless an obvious charred/popped component was found)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nice, so members there told you what you needed to replace and where to get it all??

That's how I came across that website to begin with as I Googled the PSU symptoms, once the diagnosis was achieved I started collecting the necessary parts (a little hard here is Oz), and worked from there...

That'd be my problem, I probably wouldn't know what is causing my issue whenever it arises (unless an obvious charred/popped component was found)

A basic understanding of electronics and a Digital Multimeter go a long way, Google is a great resource as well. Edited by tazwegion

It's probably easier than I'm making it... you probably can isolate problems fairly simply to whatever voltage rail/channel is most significantly affected I'm guessing..

I should try to better grasp what's been going on in my Electric Circuits course haha, some of the ridiculous math puts me off understanding all the concepts

Edited by IVIYTH0S

It's probably easier than I'm making it... you probably can isolate problems fairly simply to whatever voltage rail/channel is most significantly affected I'm guessing..

Absolutely, start with the symptoms then work your way back to find a solution...

I should try to better grasp what's been going on in my Electric Circuits course haha, some of the ridiculous math puts me off understanding all the concepts

Yeah I hear you, the maths and formula can certainly be off putting but perseverance will win the day, my electronics education ended halfway through high school but my tinkering never stopped, honestly I'll never be an electrical engineer but I'm happy to be a "jack of all trades". Edited by tazwegion

Just keep your PM mailbox open whenever my PSU craps out (assuming warranty isn't still up) haha :P

LMAO My mailbox is always open... :lol:

What is your PSU currently doing? :dunno:   

I must say I'm reasonably impressed with the Earthwatts 500w I picked up for a song last week (Fleece-bay), stable and slightly above spec voltages on initial testing, a little bland in the looks department and only outfitted with 1 80mm fan but otherwise a nice unit (I needed native PCI-e power support), I shall reserve judgement until I can test it under load (e7500/9600GT)  :ph34r:

Just keep your PM mailbox open whenever my PSU craps out (assuming warranty isn't still up) haha :P

LMAO My mailbox is always open... :lol:

What is your PSU currently doing? :dunno:   

I must say I'm reasonably impressed with the Earthwatts 500w I picked up for a song last week (Fleece-bay), stable and slightly above spec voltages on initial testing, a little bland in the looks department and only outfitted with 1 80mm fan but otherwise a nice unit (I needed native PCI-e power support), I shall reserve judgement until I can test it under load (e7500/9600GT)  :ph34r:

Oh it's fine right now but I have had to send it off warrantied once so far... but I think I may have overloaded it back when I had my Q9450 @ 4.0ghz on a lot auto settings, a 4870x2 and an 8800GT. I think I prematurely killed it

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Seasonic is the best.  I would go Seasonic since that is what I plan on using in my next build.

If you are talking about overall build quality Seasonic is not the best